Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, GLE 350, CBR 600RR
Occupation
Marketing Director
Clubs

I received an odd email and a phone call that I was not able to answer so he left a voicemail. The email seemed a little unprofessional with a random question mark in it as well as the voicemail. It was clear on the voicemail that he was reading off a script. I received this email from Tony (who is NOT my guide and I have never interacted with before) with the subject line Rivian Accelerated Delivery see screenshot attached. On the voicemail he said there was (after he took a really long pause) 5 orders that match my configuration ready to go and was wondering when I was “ready to pull the trigger”. I don’t want an R1 shop vehicle and want a brand new one off the line. Is this in regard to them trying to match people with vehicles in the R1 shop? It just seems odd that he reached out and not my guide and my order in my account still says Configuration Confirmed. I‘m in no rush to risk getting a vehicle from the R1 shop, when I took my test drive a few months back I was told that those vehicles are either from people who cancelled their order after it was produced, didn’t pass QC, or more importantly declined by the owner on delivery day for various reasons (cosmetic issue, etc.) and put back in the shop. Which I don’t want to take even the smallest risk of it having any issue and still paying full price.

Rivian R1T R1S Odd Email from Rivian?? IMG_0758
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I would be suspicious too based on the poorly written email, but this is something Rivian does - contact those waiting for delivery and offer them a vehicle that is already built similar to their order. So It’s probably legitimate. You can see what they have or just wait for your original order. Up to you.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I would call Rivian directly and ask them questions about it, It could be an unscrupulous attempt to part you with your money.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
This happened to me as well. There are sales folks who work to pair order holders with unfulfilled or unclaimed vehicles coming off the production line. They're not shop vehicles, they're new vehicles that match your config that they can put you in much sooner than your current delivery estimate.

While the email looks sloppy, give them a call back tomorrow and chat with them. I'm positive it's a new vehicle (probably not even through final QC yet) and they can just assign it to you if you want it . That's how I got my R1S earlier than expected.

OP
OP
FormulaR1T

FormulaR1T

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing Director
Clubs

I would be suspicious too based on the poorly written email, but this is something Rivian does - contact those waiting for delivery and offer them a vehicle that is already built similar to their order. So It’s probably legitimate. You can see what they have or just wait for your original order. Up to you.
Thanks yeah it was pretty odd, and so far everyone at Rivian and my Guide has been super professional so this just caught me off guard. When my reservation is ready to go from the production line I’m guessing my guide will just reach out. I placed my original order back in December of 2022 but but I just officially confirmed my order in January of this year. So I’m really hopeful it’s ready by this summer as I really don’t want to risk an R1 shop vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FormulaR1T

FormulaR1T

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing Director
Clubs

This happened to me as well. There are sales folks who work to pair order holders with unfulfilled or unclaimed vehicles coming off the production line. They're not shop vehicles, they're new vehicles that match your config that they can put you in much sooner than your current delivery estimate.

While the email looks sloppy, give them a call back tomorrow and chat with them. I'm positive it's a new vehicle (probably not even through final QC yet) and they can just assign it to you if you want it . That's how I got my R1S earlier than expected.
If this was the case shouldn’t my order just update in my account? I’m just failing to see if this was the case that my guide wouldn’t reach out or the confirmation order in my account wouldn’t just update to proceed with the normal process of getting my order completed? If the order was truly unfulfilled from the production why wouldn’t they fulfill the orders for people that have those orders? Haha sorry I’m not quite sure I’m following that concept. That’s like saying I have an order for a new blue cell phone.
.that blue cell phone that I order gets created and instead of fulfilling my order they call and ask if I want to accept an order for the same blue phone I originally ordered? It just doesn’t quite make sense.

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

If this was the case shouldn’t my order just update in my account? I’m just failing to see if this was the case that my guide wouldn’t reach out or the confirmation order in my account wouldn’t just update to proceed with the normal process of getting my order completed? If the order was truly unfulfilled from the production why wouldn’t they fulfill the orders for people that have those orders? Haha sorry I’m not quite sure I’m following that concept. That’s like saying I have an order for a new blue cell phone.
.that blue cell phone that I order gets created and instead of fulfilling my order they call and ask if I want to accept an order for the same blue phone I originally ordered? It just doesn’t quite make sense.
Have you ever talked to your guide at all? I know many people buy without ever talking to their guide. I wouldn't be so suspicious, never hurts to hear what they have to say.

I think Rivian's sales/guide team is a lot less organized than you are thinking, they're just really trying to push out vehicles in an efficient manner. These sort of tactics are typical nearing the end of a quarter in an attempt to match as many available vehicles with buyers.

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
FormulaR1T

FormulaR1T

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing Director
Clubs

Have you ever talked to your guide at all? I know many people buy without ever talking to their guide. I wouldn't be so suspicious, never hurts to hear what they have to say.

I think Rivian's sales/guide team is a lot less organized than you are thinking, they're just really trying to push out vehicles in an efficient manner. These sort of tactics are typical nearing the end of a quarter in an attempt to match as many available vehicles with buyers.
Maybe I have just been lucky but yes my guide has been really good in the whole process. He’s been in contact with me probably 10+ times over the past year and really responsive. I just got that above email and phone call today so yes I will be contacting him to ask what this is all about. But I figured I would just see if anyone else on this forum had this same type of email. Especially since the email and phone call were so different. Aside from the random ? In the email the voicemail sounded like he was a robot reading off script he dropped the script during the call.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Maybe I have just been lucky but yes my guide has been really good in the whole process. He’s been in contact with me probably 10+ times over the past year and really responsive. I just got that above email and phone call today so yes I will be contacting him to ask what this is all about. But I figured I would just see if anyone else on this forum had this same type of email. Especially since the email and phone call were so different.
That's good to hear. My guide was great too but that was nearly two years ago.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
If this was the case shouldn’t my order just update in my account? ...
No. Your guide is not on the same team as the sales folks who match up order holders with unclaimed vehicles.

If you're worried about it somehow being a scam, just call your guide and tell them someone reached out about placing you with a vehicle. They should know about it. Multiple people in this thread have told you this is how they got their truck earlier.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian's system doesn't match with existing builds, they build in batches when things come available. I also don't know why they wouldn't have just assigned you one of these vehicles, but it's probably because the process is going to be accelerated and expect you to take delivery before the end of this month.

"Your" vehicle hasn't been scheduled for production yet. If you want one now, it's not like it really matters.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
that email reads like a typical Rivian bespoken message.

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Rivian has been calling me and emailing me every week to try to get me to configure.

I've already told them my plan is to wait until the auto tonneau is back in the configurator before I order.
Sponsored