Sponsored

Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Could be that most people that have an OCT-DEC delivery are being pushed up the line do to OC being delayed?
I just don’t understand why those of us with earlier windows haven’t been contacted. Nothing makes sense with Rivian so we are all guessing.
Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I just don’t understand why those of us with earlier windows haven’t been contacted. Nothing makes sense with Rivian so we are all guessing.

If this were quarter end I'd say the goal is to get as many people to sign PBAs and deliver vehicles ASAP to those close to service centers and that may mean throwing reservation timing out the window. I'm not sure what the plan is at the end of April though...

pdxgibby

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Karmann Ghia EV, Tesla M3, eGolf, R1T, Power Hawk
Occupation
Software Engineer
For those of us that were early Tesla adopters, we experienced the same types of changes and delays early on. Some folks were surprised with earlier deliveries and some were pushed out for no apparent reason. There were spreadsheets in the forums with all options, order date, location, etc. and there were attempts to extrapolate meaning from the data. There was very little sense to the delivery process.

Once we reached 2015/2016, Tesla prioritized overseas deliveries in the first half of most quarters, then domestic. They batched by color and options so changes to the manufacturing line were as infrequent as possible. This improved over time as they got better at the manufacturing process.

I have noticed two things with Rivian that are better than what happened in the earlier days with Tesla :

1. They are more transparent about any build / option prioritizations they are making.
2. Locality also seems to matter more. If you are in a location where there is very little Rivian presence (no delivery staging area), no plans for service center yet, you'll likely have to wait longer while they build up the infrastructure.

It's becoming increasingly more difficult for me to be patient, but all of this is outside my control. Just can't wait for an amazing product.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Locking in a sale on a vehicle that you can exercise a no-fault, fully refundable return on after consummating?

Im not sure where the risk to the consumer is…
Or that you can flip for $50k profit?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

If this were quarter end I'd say the goal is to get as many people to sign PBAs and deliver vehicles ASAP to those close to service centers and that may mean throwing reservation timing out the window. I'm not sure what the plan is at the end of April though...
Q1 call is early May. Could be driving it so they can report promising production and delivery numbers.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I got a guide assignment this morning !!!!!!!!!

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I got a guide assignment this morning !!!!!!!!!
You have Ocean Coast interior and a guide for delivery? Dang!!!
Im Oct-Dec with a basic build and BM interior and nothign.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Yea don't read into that... I changed it a month ago after seeing the pics of the OC in the mules that looked filthy. Probably an over reaction, but I'm fine w/ the balck interior. Sorry for not changing my signature until now....

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yea don't read into that... I changed it a month ago after seeing the pics of the OC in the mules that looked filthy. Probably an over reaction, but I'm fine w/ the balck interior. Sorry for not changing my signature until now....
Awesome! Looks like we have the same build. Would love to get something soon!

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Awesome! Looks like we have the same build. Would love to get something soon!
Yea; I'm honestly, pretty flexible on configuration. We'll see I suppose. I'll obviously post when I hear from my guide and ask lots of questions.

Sponsored

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Yea; I'm honestly, pretty flexible on configuration. We'll see I suppose. I'll obviously post when I hear from my guide and ask lots of questions.
I'm May 2021 order as well. Hoping I see a guide contact soon but I'm guessing the Boston Service Center will need to be opened before I get contacted at all..

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have a guide assigned, as of this morning, but I am not sure if it is for my R1T (June/July) or my R1S (Oct/Dec). I guess I will know if a few days.

**UPDATE**
emailed my Guide and she said she would be my Guide for both. I have a call scheduled this afternoon.

Last edited:

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Were you adventure/large pack prior to windows being given out?

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Surely an Oct/Dec order is not being assigned/fulfilled yet...? Has to be the R1T summer delivery window.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Were you adventure/large pack prior to windows being given out?
I have had the same configuration since the start w the exception of the oc interior, which I switched to BM after my order was restored from the cancellation re: pricegate.
Sponsored