Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Did you not need a weighted plate?
Good question. I currently have a BRP plate and would like to get another. I assumed that was a ‘no-go’ secondary to the weighted plate requirement.
Sponsored

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Good question. I currently have a BRP plate and would like to get another. I assumed that was a ‘no-go’ secondary to the weighted plate requirement.
They gave me a standard weighted plate and charged me for a weighted plate. Then they mailed me a BRP plate that is registered as weighted.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
They gave me a standard weighted plate and charged me for a weighted plate. Then they mailed me a BRP plate that is registered as weighted.
Interesting, so you can get a specialty plate even though it doesn’t say weighted on it? Just have to pay for weighted?

I really don’t understand this process.

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
Is there anyway to confirm rivian refunded the correct amount for your taxes?

Sponsored

HokieR1T

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T LG/BM/20 AT
I’m really not sure. I paid $2,957.16 for everything including a Blue Ridge Parkway tag ($30), plus $5 extra for a notary fee. I will say that the ladies working there said the taxes Rivian collected were off by a bit. Also I have not yet received the refund for the taxes I paid Rivian.
Glad to hear you were able to get the BRP plate. That's what I had previously and wanted but had to get the Weighted plate. Was hoping when it was time to renew I could switch to the BRP plate. Did your agency collect the $147 EV tax?

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Is there anyway to confirm rivian refunded the correct amount for your taxes?
I’ll check when I get my refund. I will compare my refund to the amount I was charged on the buyers agreement.

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Glad to hear you were able to get the BRP plate. That's what I had previously and wanted but had to get the Weighted plate. Was hoping when it was time to renew I could switch to the BRP plate. Did your agency collect the $147 EV tax?
Yes, they did collect the $147 EV tax.

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
That is exactly what my tag office did.
This is good news. My DMV agent said I could do custom for weighted but I thought she only meant the letters/numbers, not the theme. It begs the question of why there is a plate that says "weighted" to begin with if they keep it all straight in the systems.

For now, I'm luxuriating in having any plate at all but something a little more "adventurous" than utilitarian "WEIGHTED" like BRP, FoAT, Wildlife, etc. would be nice.

Sponsored

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
This is good news. My DMV agent said I could do custom for weighted but I thought she only meant the letters/numbers, not the theme. It begs the question of why there is a plate that says "weighted" to begin with if they keep it all straight in the systems.

For now, I'm luxuriating in having any plate at all but something a little more "adventurous" than utilitarian "WEIGHTED" like BRP, FoAT, Wildlife, etc. would be nice.
Is this adventurous enough? It could impact your range.

Rivian R1T R1S North Carolina R1T Registration Screenshot_20220721-123308_Chrome

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
Is this adventurous enough? It could impact your range.

Screenshot_20220721-123308_Chrome.jpg
I like it! "NO FAT CHECKS" as in 'I wouldn't sell my R1T for anything!!!'.

That couldn't mean anything else because the EV community loves all body types.
Rivian R1T R1S North Carolina R1T Registration 1658422624101

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I like it! "NO FAT CHECKS" as in 'I wouldn't sell my R1T for anything!!!'.

That couldn't mean anything else because the EV community loves all body types.
1658422624101.png
Looks like Tesla interiors aren't the only thing that comes in bright white

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Got my packet back from Rivian this week to do self registration. Going to try to do in Lenoir instead of Charlotte since that office is usually not very busy, and the folks there are country folks which will help me vs the city folk in Charlotte. Was wondering if any of you registered in both you and your spouse's names and if they required both of you to be there to get the plates? I'm hoping not, otherwise we're back to dealing with them city folks!

Also asked my guide when i'd get the refund check mentioned in their letter. She said "separate department handles that" and I'd get it from them. Not sure how long this will take, but would prefer to have my $3000 back from Rivian before i fork it out to the state.

MattCanesR1T

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Director Quality Engineering
I received my 8 step today, super excited! I currently have vanity plates on my car (paying homage to america's most lovable dad homer simpson) but wanted to see if anyone had actually been able to transfer a non-weighted vanity plate to a weighted plate in NC.

Will be a little disappointed if I have to lose the fun but also dont want pain from the DMV. If i need to do it myself after the fact - I am fine with that as well
Sponsored