Sponsored

Non-LE Delivery Window Poll

Choose a delivery window option that applies to you.

• Total voters

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
R1S Adventure ordered 9/30/21, estimated delivery window: first half of 2023.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
July 2021 order. R1S Adventure. ETA First half of 2023

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)
Nov 20 preorder R1S Adventure. 1st half 2023

Reactions: Max

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Apr 2019 R1T adventure July-sept
Nov 2021 R1S adventure 2nd half 2023

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

April 2021 reservation for R1S Adventure (+off-road +20” wheels) Glacier White/Ocean Coast in Orange County, CA with estimate of 2022Q4

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
Adventure R1T, Large Pack, Glacier White, OC in NJ - ordered Dec 4, 2018. Pretty annoyed by the window of July - Sept '22 TBH. Not that surprised by overall timeline but that people who ordered same spec but over 2 and a half years later are receiving the same window. No one without a non-LE order has received notice of a Q1 or Q2 delivery that I've seen. This all seems like a gigantic 'leave us alone for a few months' move by Rivian. The communication from the company absolutely blows. I was on a chat with CS earlier and I might as well have talked to my 6 year old for all the clarification I got.

OP
OP
Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
R1S Explore. Ordered Aug 21. Delivery window: first half of 23.

Last edited:

DigitalFisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T PDM MaxPack
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - FPGA Designer
Clubs

R1T Adventure with Max Pack, El Cap Granite, 20" wheels, No off-road package

Ordered: July 5, 2021
Estimated delivery: second half of 2023

I live less than 100 miles from the assembly plant.

I'm now considering an F150 Hybrid for towing my travel trailer for the next two summers.

OP
OP
Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
R1T Adventure with Max Pack, El Cap Granite, 20" wheels, No off-road package

Ordered: July 5, 2021
Estimated delivery: second half of 2023

I live less than 100 miles from the assembly plant.

I'm now considering an F150 Hybrid for towing my travel trailer for the next two summers.
If you go through with it and do long distance towing, I would love to hear your thoughts on switching to Electric after Hybrid. Long distance towing still gives me a bit of hesitation with both Lightning and Rivian.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Adventure R1T, Large Pack, Glacier White, OC in NJ - ordered Dec 4, 2018. Pretty annoyed by the window of July - Sept '22 TBH. Not that surprised by overall timeline but that people who ordered same spec but over 2 and a half years later are receiving the same window. No one without a non-LE order has received notice of a Q1 or Q2 delivery that I've seen. This all seems like a gigantic 'leave us alone for a few months' move by Rivian. The communication from the company absolutely blows. I was on a chat with CS earlier and I might as well have talked to my 6 year old for all the clarification I got.
Do you want Rivian sending a bunch of adventure trims out before they mostly complete the launch editions? I'm not seeing what the annoyance is here. Launch editions are supposed to have priority delivery, right? We knew their delivery windows were basically Q1 and Q2, with a few Q3 stragglers.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you want Rivian sending a bunch of adventure trims out before they mostly complete the launch editions? I'm not seeing what the annoyance is here. Launch editions are supposed to have priority delivery, right? We knew their delivery windows were basically Q1 and Q2, with a few Q3 stragglers.
People ordering the same non-LE spec, 2.5 years after mine, getting the same window - yeah, that's annoying. Nothing to do with LE timeline.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
People ordering the same non-LE spec, 2.5 years after mine, getting the same window - yeah, that's annoying. Nothing to do with LE timeline.
Sure it does. You're in the first wave of non-LE specs. There's just a very small number of people who ordered large pack adventure trims during the LE window. They seemingly plan to be pumping out a decent number of trucks by then. I'd guess <10% of the orders prior to the cutoff for launch editions were large pack adventure trim. Then from 11/20 to into sometime early 2021, the numbers are small enough that they think they can deliver that whole chunk in that 3 month time period.

Would you be happier if your window was July to September, and the others were August to October?

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sure it does. You're in the first wave of non-LE specs. There's just a very small number of people who ordered large pack adventure trims during the LE window. They seemingly plan to be pumping out a decent number of trucks by then. I'd guess <10% of the orders prior to the cutoff for launch editions were large pack adventure trim. Then from 11/20 to into sometime early 2021, the numbers are small enough that they think they can deliver that whole chunk in that 3 month time period.

Would you be happier if your window was July to September, and the others were August to October?
I would be happier with individualized communication with build dates and actual production schedule instead of vague windows and lame excuses for missing every date and production target so far. I'm old enough to remember every Tesla problem since placing an order for my first X in Jan 2014 and day one reservation on the Model 3. This smells different. There is no aggression in their efforts to ramp up. I don't think they have the right people to do so. 2022 is going to be a disaster for them. Q1 can be written off entirely right this minute due to Omicron alone.

gboerger

First Name
RIT Soon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram, Toyota Camry Hybrid
Occupation
Administrator
It sounds like the CS claim of gradual distribution of delivery windows may have been false. There is no indication of any Non-LE members receiving a window so far.
Just got my delivery window. Order number 1224 placed in November 2018 for an Explorer. Deliver window first half of "2023"
Sponsored