Sponsored

Nokian 20" All Season Tires (One HT) - Thoughts?

COR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Installed the Nokian HT One's today (275/65/R20) after 493 miles on the OEM Scorpion AT's. Can't comment on any increased efficiency given that I've been gunning it whenever possible. First highway drive does seem smoother. Scorpion's are going up on the marketplace now.

Rivian R1T R1S Nokian 20" All Season Tires (One HT) - Thoughts? IMG_2637

Mikers

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Landrover Discovery, 1974 Volkswagen Thing
Installed the Nokian HT One's today (275/65/R20) after 493 miles on the OEM Scorpion AT's. Can't comment on any increased efficiency given that I've been gunning it whenever possible. First highway drive does seem smoother. Scorpion's are going up on the marketplace now.

IMG_2637.jpeg
My Scorpion ATs are very loud and nearing the end of there tread life at 24K miles. Looking for a good all season to replace them. I was wondering if you could give an update on the Nokian HT one's? Still working out well for you? Thanks

COR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
The Nokian's are decent but I still can't comment on efficiency, seems negligible. They are slightly softer riding than the AT's and definitely quieter on the highway. Overall, I think we're all looking for the magic part that will make the R1S not ride like a 4 ton truck on leaf springs and these tires are not it. Given their 3748lbs load rating, they are in fact meant for that 4 ton truck with a heavy load making the sidewall fairly stiff. In retrospect, I might go the 275/60R20 route others have mentioned with the slightly lower than stock 2679lbs load rating (115H) in an attempt to soften up the ride. I just didn't want to have to deal with reprogramming the car for a smaller diameter tire.

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
The Nokian's are decent but I still can't comment on efficiency, seems negligible. They are slightly softer riding than the AT's and definitely quieter on the highway. Overall, I think we're all looking for the magic part that will make the R1S not ride like a 4 ton truck on leaf springs and these tires are not it. Given their 3748lbs load rating, they are in fact meant for that 4 ton truck with a heavy load making the sidewall fairly stiff. In retrospect, I might go the 275/60R20 route others have mentioned with the slightly lower than stock 2679lbs load rating (115H) in an attempt to soften up the ride. I just didn't want to have to deal with reprogramming the car for a smaller diameter tire.
I just installed the Nokians on my new R1S and you are exactly to the point. The nokians are not the final answer to the stiff ride. .... After driving the R1T for a year, the R1S sucks using the same wheels tire combo setup...... Saying that I'm not sure if up to the tires to fix the problem.....

I know this is a very capable offroad vehicle, but is not the ride I want for my everyday commute.

You can install the 275/60R20 without reprogramming, do the testing and if you like the tires you do the programming and if not, go back to the nokians.

Sponsored

Mikers

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just installed the Nokians on my new R1S and you are exactly to the point. The nokians are not the final answer to the stiff ride. .... After driving the R1T for a year, the R1S sucks using the same wheels tire combo setup...... Saying that I'm not sure if up to the tires to fix the problem.....

I know this is a very capable offroad vehicle, but is not the ride I want for my everyday commute.

You can install the 275/60R20 without reprogramming, do the testing and if you like the tires you do the programming and if not, go back to the nokians.
Interesting. I should note that I have an R1T . Not sure if that matters?

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
Interesting. I should note that I have an R1T . Not sure if that matters?
I can't comment on the 275/60R20. But if is true what they said about 20% better efficiency, well they are better than the nokians for sure. My afraid of the 275/60R20, is the look....

Mikers

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

IMG_2637.jpeg
I was just wondering if you had an additional thoughts on the Nokian HT one's? Did you have any trouble getting someone to install? Thanks!

COR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I was just wondering if you had an additional thoughts on the Nokian HT one's? Did you have any trouble getting someone to install? Thanks!
I don’t have any additional thoughts on the Nokians because I don’t have anything to compare them against except for the AT’s that I ran for the first 500 miles. Overall, they seem like fine commuter tires during non-snow months. I plan on getting a Blizzak setup for the winter, all-season doesn’t literally mean all-season.

You won’t have difficulty getting someone to install them, they are the same size as OEM with a higher load rating. And the speed rating is the same as the electronic speed limiter.

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
I have a full set for sale "Nokian One HT LT275/65R20 E/10PLY BSW" (4 tires) with less than 300 miles.

The reason I'm selling is because I'm disputing with Rivian suspension suspension issues and if I let the Nokians ON they blame the tires. So I took them out and put back the OEM Pirellis.

Less than 300 miles on it. My take is, Better handling than the OEM Pirellis, similar ride comfort and the average consumption of energy falls really close to the OEM 22's (it is not the same, it is close behind) This was the result of the 300 miles testing. Said that, my main focus was on riding comfort and not consumption.

I will post the tires on the appropriate section.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...n-one-ht-lt275-65r20-e-10ply-bsw-tires.19666/

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

This thread has gone cold for the past several months and in the meantime, the price of these tires has gone up a cool 20%. Does anyone have updates on:

1) The real service charge for switching to 275/60/20 and if it's still necessary
2) Real world updated numbers of tire life and range of these tires

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

1) The real service charge for switching to 275/60/20 and if it's still necessary
Not necessary. It depends how OCD you are about your numbers/stats. ~$120

I went from 275/65/20 and it bothered me to do math all the time for efficiencies. I run both AS and AT in 275/60/20 now and my AS matches the 21s I had the computer updated to. Hindsight 22 would've fit better, less range delta on the ATs.