First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S launch edition
Occupation
Real estate
3,000 miles - bolt (flat ended) went through front tire. $400 and two visits to replace the tire. Rivian states Pirelli doesn't offer road hazard warranty.
Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Road hazard warranties are usually offered by tire shops. I've never had or seen one from a tire or car manufacturer before.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Even the tire company's warranty itself sometimes explicitly excludes tires designed as OEM equipment.

Here's an excerpt from Goodyear's:

"Tires supplied as Original Equipment are not eligible for any tread life warranty consideration".

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
SOP for OEM tires, afaik.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
That reminds...I need to go by Discount Tire and add road hazard to this truck. đź‘Ť

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
As already pointed out... This is standard practice for OEM / factory tires. You want hazard warranty coverage? That is usually an add-on or embedded into pricing when you buy tires from a tire shop. You can usually have tires inspected at a tire shop and if they're in really good or new condition, they'll sell you a hazard policy.

What does your insurance offer? My insurance allows for windshield replacement coverage and a tire replacement due to road damage that are both without deductible. I think it's one incidence per year on my policy, not per vehicle. Other service programs like AAA offer similar with some of their membership products. I don't usually advocate AAA for new vehicles since we get roadside assistance from the manufacturer and often have it included now with decent auto policies as well...

Robotpedlr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivan R1S
Occupation
Sales
First stop after getting your car should be Discount Tire to buy a very inexpensive Road Hazard warranty. I did so for my Tesla Model S (expensive 21" tires) and it cost me $250 for coverage against RH. Cheap insure on high risk low profile tires.

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
As others have said, no road hazard on OEM Tires and check the Tire warranty book that came with your truck to see if there's a mileage warranty. I see on TireRack.com that the Pirelli tires purchased through them for the Rivian have 50k warranties.
Sponsored