geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I made a reservation for a Cybertruck on the day of the launch. My better half was skeptical about the looks, but didn't make any demands. Eventually, after all the delays, skepticism, and loss of trust for the Tesla brand, and after reading the rave reviews for the R1T, I made the switch. Fortunately, I was able to find a stock configuration that had almost everything I wanted (save the powered tonneau cover). Both of us are very happy to have made this decision.
Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
lol. Too true.
I mentioned it as an option since I managed to get mine back.

Albeit mine was pre-2015. :)

And I wouldn't have bought my first Tesla in 2015 if I hadn't gotten that refund. It makes sense because building brand loyalty is worth far more than the $1K. At the same time you don't want people abusing it so you simply say its non-refundable and then exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.

In any case I like the idea of selling the reservation if possible.

Your SO clearly stated their displeasure with you giving any money to Tesla, and if you don't find an out you've failed by giving Tesla 1K in pure profit :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
I mentioned it as an option since I managed to get mine back.

Albeit mine was pre-2015. :)

And I wouldn't have bought my first Tesla in 2015 if I hadn't gotten that refund. It makes sense because building brand loyalty is worth far more than the $1K. At the same time you don't want people abusing it so you simply say its non-refundable and then exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.

In any case I like the idea of selling the reservation if possible.

Your SO clearly stated their displeasure with you giving any money to Tesla, and if you don't find an out you've failed by giving Tesla 1K in pure profit :)
Yeah. I better go see about figuring out a way to get that $1k back on principle. I will check out the eBay thing as well.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
Yea, I also have R1T and R1S, and have been awaiting for CT. I think CT Dual motor version under 80k is the most compelling one. I will test drive before I decide, but likely sell R1T. CT has too much of new cool techs, bigger rear seats and bigger bed. Saw an excerpt of side impact crash test which is unbelievable. Then there is rapidly maturing AI based AutoPilot/FSD which has been garnering excellent reviews. I think eventual level 3-4 autonomous driving will make CT very compelling . I received a notice that there will be a CT in Denver( Park Meadow) showroom this weekend where we can sit on it. Will see if my boss will approve.

Last edited:
OP
OP

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
Yea, I also have R1T and R1S, and have been awaiting for CT. I think CT Dual motor version under 80k is the most compelling one. I will test drive before I decide, but likely sell R1T. CT has too much of new cool techs, bigger rear seats and bigger bed. Saw an excerpt of side impact crash test which is unbelievable. Then there is rapidly maturing AI based AutoPilot/FSD which has been garnering excellent reviews. I think eventual level 3-4 autonomous driving will make CT very compelling . I received a notice that there will be a CT in Denver( Park Meadow) showroom this weekend where we can sit on it. Will see if my boss will approve.
Only advice I have to your solid plan is to ensure boss is ok with it BEFORE pulling the trigger....avoid my mistakes :)

Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Started the purchase process for the Cybertruck (Founders Edition Cyberbeast) and my better half requested we dont get a Tesla. So I need to cancel my order and give Tesla free $1K since production deposit is non-refundable. Oh well, live and learn. If there was a way for me to transfer this order to any of you that wanted it and you know how, hit me up.
Good. $1000 is a reasonable penalty to teach you not to make such a bad decision as nearly buying that awful thing. Much better to pay it than actually go through with the purchase. Too bad the $1000 is going to Tesla.

sphereobject

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Occupation
Troll
...my better half requested we dont get a Tesla.
We have a Quad R1S and a price-slash 2023 Model X Plaid (purchased when EM freaked out a few months ago and lowered the price of the MXP to $90,630, no upcharge for any color, for a hot minute). The Tesla supercharging network is really great. The MXP is awesome. If I had any use for a pickup truck it would be tough to talk me out of the non-Foundation CyberBeast. I am not a Tesla or Rivian fanboy.

Stickboy46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T FG/FE 20" AT Dark
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/23/business/tesla-cybertruck-is-a-troubled-beast/index.html

Didn't want to start a new thread .. but this basically perfectly sums up the Cybertruck. Physical design was more important than functionality. It's a low functionality truck that does nothing except go faster in a line better than Lightnings, Silverados or Rivians. Its only selling point is "being different" but since there is only 1 version of it .. that will wear off pretty quickly when you start seeing more and more of them. Then you just have an overpriced low functionality ugly vehicle.
Sponsored