OP

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
Ha! You probably have more experience than me. I started getting into it during the pandemic, living in the Chicago area and making as much use as possible of the open track days at Autobahn Country Club. I simply slapped some Michelin cup tires on my M4 Comp and started with instructed/guided rounds. Next, I bought an old 996 911 to try that out.

Since Iā€™m now in NY, I havenā€™t done it in a while but maybe next summer I can get back into it. However, expecting to be a first time dad soon, so maybe thatā€™s not the best of hobbys with a new born. So then the R1T and camping trips will be better :)
Congratulations on being a dad! That is much more exciting. I typically run a Wolf GB08 during track days. Anyway, congrats again on the baby.
Sponsored

N7Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mazdaspeed 3 | 2023 R1T
Clubs

you could sell the reservation on eBay or something. I sold my $100 reservation from 2019 for $10k. there's a lot of people buying CT accounts.

OP
OP

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
Get the CT .. you may lose your Significant other .. but you will gain an entire cult of people that will love you for you! (as long as you don't even remotely hint that there is even a minor annoyance with anything about the cybertruck or Elon, in which case you will become the most hated person in the world).
Funniest thing I heard all day! lol thank you.

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
If there was a way for me to transfer this order to any of you that wanted it and you know how, hit me up.
I'm not sure you'll get many takers on this forum, but worth a shot.

Some guy near me has one and it just looks so out of place on his drive. I mean it looks really bad in the flesh. Even my wife, who's not really into cars and tolerates the crap i buy, pleaded with me not to consider one. Even for $1k, you've dodge a bullet.

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
you could sell the reservation on eBay or something. I sold my $100 reservation from 2019 for $10k. there's a lot of people buying CT accounts.
Unreal! I mean, who are these people??? Crazy.

Well done you. Do you also have any magic beans to sell?

Sponsored

N7Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Unreal! I mean, who are these people??? Crazy.

Well done you. Do you also have any magic beans to sell?
They really love Tesla and really wanted a Founder Edition with the white interior. My buyer already owned an Tesla. When i was checking the sold listings, there's a couple that sold for $15-23k.

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
They really love Tesla and really wanted a Founder Edition with the white interior. My buyer already owned an Tesla. When i was checking the sold listings, there's a couple that sold for $15-23k.
How do you even transfer that to someone? I figured it was tacked to your Tesla account/email.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

How do you even transfer that to someone? I figured it was tacked to your Tesla account/email.
Sell the account, change the account details. If you have another Tesla vehicle, that gets... complicated I would assume.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The people buying CT accounts for $10k probably watch a lot of Jim Cramer.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
An abandoned $1k deposit is a cheap price to pay for your self respect.

Sponsored

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜14 BMW i3, ā€˜19 BMW i3, ā€˜22 R1T -> ā€˜24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
Funniest thing I heard all day! lol thank you.
And maybe they will put you in the queue for the Neural link implant as well. ;-)

N7Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Sell the account, change the account details. If you have another Tesla vehicle, that gets... complicated I would assume.
Basically yeah. I sold them the account. I don't have anything from tesla so it was easy to change to a different account. I assume they could add it to their tesla account once the truck arrives.

The people buying CT accounts for $10k probably watch a lot of Jim Cramer.
Probs. They spent $10k to have the opportunity to spend $135k for the Foundation Edition "Cyberbeast" at 8% interest if they finance with Tesla.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My wife doesn't care if I spend 140 on the new Range Rover EV but she told me pretty much the same thing your wife did about the cybertruck. I don't want one because I find it ugly, but I would never hear the end of it from my wife if I did.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
My wife doesn't care if I spend 140 on the new Range Rover EV but she told me pretty much the same thing your wife did about the cybertruck. I don't want one because I find it ugly, but I would never hear the end of it from my wife if I did.
lol.. got the same treatment from my wife and kids... it pretty much came down to "it's your money, do whatever you want.. but don't expect me to ride in it" which for a married guy means.. forget about it cause if you do go ahead and buy it, you'll hear about it every single day, every single day!

Probably could have picked a better time to mention my CT reservation as we were on a decent length trip in the R1T which they all love... but it is what it is at this point.
Sponsored