Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I am one of the early reservation holders too (I think just under the 10K number) as I was in Dec 2019. I think around 20 or 25'ish days after the public annoucement at the LA Auto show around Thanksgiving that year.
LA Auto Show launch was Dec 2018. Yes, it’s been THAT long! ?
Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Yikes. UR correct! I just looked at my reservation email and the pic I use for my identity on this forum is the 2019 Overland…wow it has been that long!!

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Tell me about it. And Lucid revealed its Air prototype in December 2016, and I'm still waiting on that one, too.

With the legacy carmakers now coming onto the EV scene across pretty much all the product niches, Rivian and Lucid are the last two start-ups that had the time to develop and manufacture a car from the ground up while reservation holders waited years.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian and Lucid are the last two start-ups that had the time to develop and manufacture a car from the ground up while reservation holders waited years.
And they are the last two that have a reasonable chance of success in the traditional auto space.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
And they are the last two that have a reasonable chance of success in the traditional auto space.
Fisker is trying with a non-conventional manufacturing model.... It'll be interesting to see how that works out for them.

Sponsored

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Fisker is trying with a non-conventional manufacturing model.... It'll be interesting to see how that works out for them.
I really like the design of the Fisker Ocean. I’m rooting for them.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Confirmed that the gear shuttle and kitchen only work as shown - comes out passenger side only.

Also confirmed that changing anything now on config will probably mess up the guide process. I was thinking of switching up to R1T and they told me I'd probably be better off just staying with my config and waiting till someone contacted me.

Also said DC area is not being left off of initial delivery areas.
Sponsored