Sponsored

NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount

drbiggieg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T - El Cap Granite
@RWerksman - love the left mount, as it’s been great for a few weeks, but it’s now seeming to be loose from the portion that goes behind the top of the dash trim due to the hot weather. Any advice for fixing this issue? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
@RWerksman - love the left mount, as it’s been great for a few weeks, but it’s now seeming to be loose from the portion that goes behind the top of the dash trim due to the hot weather. Any advice for fixing this issue? Thanks!
Please contact me via the form on OpenSourceEV.com. I'd like to see what you're seeing - there are few things that we can look at.

https://opensourceev.com/pages/contact-us

eemri

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 Polestar Engineered
Clubs

I double checked the anchor and it looks properly seated to me. The part that hooks over the dash doesn't seem to be able to quite reach behind and underneath. Perhaps there is some slight size variation between trucks? Also wondering if the hook portion is even needed, have you tried a version without it? Seems like with the screw tightened it would hold in place fine without it.

20230508_185055.jpg

20230508_185218.jpg
20230508_185229.jpg
20230508_185326.jpg
I have the same issue. At first it wasn't a problem, but then after a bigger bump or two, the weight of my phone would be enough to pull the mount down to where the back bracket would come undone.

I solved it by putting a small bit of foam (with adhesive on one side) that I mounted to the underside of the thin dashboard 'strip'. Conveniently it was left by Rivian service in fixing some rattling. This foam helps provide enough friction that the mount can't slide down.

Not an official fix but it's worked really well and I can't tell the difference.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I have the same issue. At first it wasn't a problem, but then after a bigger bump or two, the weight of my phone would be enough to pull the mount down to where the back bracket would come undone.

I solved it by putting a small bit of foam (with adhesive on one side) that I mounted to the underside of the thin dashboard 'strip'. Conveniently it was left by Rivian service in fixing some rattling. This foam helps provide enough friction that the mount can't slide down.

Not an official fix but it's worked really well and I can't tell the difference.
I'm seeing this more than I want to and I have a slightly tweaked update for folks that have a, "look at the size of that lad" phone on the left mount:

Rivian R1T R1S NEW - RIVIPARTS Left Side Phone Mount 1685916285408

I have a few of these out in test now to good feedback so far. If you're having issues with it slumping, please contact me using the "Contact Us" form on OpenSourceEV and reference this post.

Assuming it works out, this will be the default for the larger diameter models soon, and the 17MM model after that.

Sponsored

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

I'm seeing this more than I want to and I have a slightly tweaked update for folks that have a, "look at the size of that lad" phone on the left mount:

1685916285408.png

I have a few of these out in test now to good feedback so far. If you're having issues with it slumping, please contact me using the "Contact Us" form on OpenSourceEV and reference this post.

Assuming it works out, this will be the default for the larger diameter models soon, and the 17MM model after that.
Thanks for the great customer service. Just shot you an email with my order number. Mine slumped to the point that it broke the rear tab. iPhone 14 max pro.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Thanks for the great customer service. Just shot you an email with my order number. Mine slumped to the point that it broke the rear tab. iPhone 14 max pro.
Happy to help! I've posted a bit more about this on the site, but everything (now including the 17MM version) is shipping with the slightly tweaked design and in material. I've been producing them in-house and I'm really thrilled with how they're turning out.

Claydogg

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; Tesla X; Pedego City Commuter Black
Occupation
Drone Light Show Pilot
They are in the product plan right now. Likely Monday availability.

I made a video about this! :D

Super helpful video! I wanted to use screw to mount a bracket on the lower dash panel below and to the right of the steering wheel but wasn’t sure if there were any electronics I needed to dodge. After opening the panel per your instructions I found a small cable harness and plug that I might have hit with a screw had I not checked first! Thanks!

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Another OBD2 USB-A adapter option. This one has 2 USB ports and ability to set how long it stays powered after the car shuts off. 10 min, 24 hrs or indefinitely. https://a.co/d/cYu4RxL

Does not have OBD pass-through. But if you leave enough cable slack, you can just unplug to regain access to OBD port.
Sponsored