Administrator

Administrator
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Two of the first Rivian Waypoint Chargers have just gone live today and are open for charging at Radnor Lake Stat Park in Nashville, TN!

Rivian brought out a Rivian Blue R1T for the ribbon cutting ceremony and very first charge.

VIDEO:

PHOTOS:

243011758_10101521331661233_4317615165549775137_n.jpg

243971641_10101521331691173_1901858712535044425_n.jpg

243283294_10101521332534483_5731900671025361436_n.jpg

243130604_10101521332564423_7848640558479512076_n.jpg
Advertisement

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
First Name
A. J.
Vehicles
Tesla X Extended Range Plus 2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, SR5
Occupation
EE Retired
Probably the most interesting part of the video is the big(ish) guy getting into the back seat. Doesn't look as if its that easy for him. Note how narrow the bottom of the door is.

Last edited:

staples

Reaction score
Vehicles
Zero FXS, Tesla Y
The bottom of the back door is quite narrow. And if the gear tunnel is open you'll be bumping into that door getting out.

ja_kub_sz

Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Probably the most interesting part of the video is the big(ish) guy getting into the back seat. Doesn't look as if its that easy for him. Note how narrow the bottom of the door is.
That is a little tricky, especially when the gear tunnel door is down.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
People started modifying the hinge of the Ridgeline back doors so they would open further. Last year (I think) Honda fixed. And put in a hinge that allowed the door to open further. I wonder if that would help with the back seat access issue.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicles
2021 Tahoe, 2020 Wrangler
Wish they’d drive on over to Memphis so I can take a peek at the R1T!

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Honda Accord hybrid
Occupation
Construction Management
It's not ideal that the second charger looks much closer to the passenger side of the parking space... did they get the memo that the charge port is on the drivers side? Now only 9998 (assuming this counts as two) more to go!

CommodoreAmiga

Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
It's not ideal that the second charger looks much closer to the passenger side of the parking space... did they get the memo that the charge port is on the drivers side? Now only 9998 (assuming this counts as two) more to go!
The cable is long enough to reach, and the waypoint chargers are open to ALL EV brands -- not just Rivian vehicles -- so having flexibility to reach other configs is appreciated.

Autolycus

Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The cable is long enough to reach, and the waypoint chargers are open to ALL EV brands -- not just Rivian vehicles -- so having flexibility to reach other configs is appreciated.
It might also reduce the chances of the charger being ICE'd, since it looks like you might be able to use it from either of those two parking spots.

To me the bigger issue is that the signage is kind of poor. The white and green sign blends into the background and is behind a fence. I hope those spots are in a location that isn't likely to be desirable enough for lots of ICE'ing.

Tenn

Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
EM
Hey! I’m actually the big[ish] guy getting into the back seat (thanks for not calling me fat 😅!)

Getting into the backseat was not that difficult all things considered. It was easier than getting into the front seat of most car to be honest. I ended up with about 2 inches of Knee room and plenty of Leg room. I actually found it road trip-able back there!

I then immediately jumped into the front seat without adjusting and also had enough room to trip…and I’m nearly 6’3”.

Great truck! Fall ’20 reservtion holder So it‘ll probably be a while but I’m really excited. This experience kept me from changing my build From Ocean Coast. It’s a great color.

astonius

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 M50i, 2018 Range Rover Velar
Bummed to have missed this event, possibly my only chance to see an R1T up-close and in-person before delivery. Wish it had been better marketed. Glad to see Rivian giving Tennessee some love. Anyone hear anything else about Nashville-area Rivian infrastructure? Seems like serviceability in an area is playing a big role in delivery timelines.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicles
4Runner
Occupation
Cinematography
It might also reduce the chances of the charger being ICE'd, since it looks like you might be able to use it from either of those two parking spots.

To me the bigger issue is that the signage is kind of poor. The white and green sign blends into the background and is behind a fence. I hope those spots are in a location that isn't likely to be desirable enough for lots of ICE'ing.
This park has ample parking and is never really overcrowded so I don't believe this will be an issue. There's also a Tesla supercharging lot less than a mile away.

Advertisement

Advertisement