First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I wouldn't underestimate the effect the pandemic has had on Rivian's timeline. It seems like it will be a difficult task to staff up for production during a pandemic.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Yes, it's very different standing up a factory to produce an established vehicle that is already in production in another factory vs standing up a factory to produce a completely new vehicle for the first time.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
The idea that one comes at the cost of the other is perplexing to me. The resources that would make an "adventure video" are unlikely to be the same skill set as those that work on production ramp up. And I'm assuming, or at least hoping, that owner updates are reliant upon having some production pieces in place so that they don't overpromise.

As a two-Tesla owner and a moderator at Tesla Motors Club forums, I'm also interested in the production details you know about the Cybertruck. Because most of what we've seen discussed over there is speculation.

Don't forget that that capability in Tesla's full self driving video from November 2016 still isn't reflected in their products. Companies employ marketing like that to maintain interest.
Sponsored