skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
The thing that stands out to me is that the aluminum body looks great.

Does seem like there is a long way to go with the factory build out, but glad to see "in house" production.

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps & 2500HD Duramax
Another observation is about the 21" all season low rolling resistance tire option. I've never heard of a 21" wheel or tire...

Jehorton

First Name
James
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Occupation
Firefighter
And just like that I am recharged!!!! No pun intended

cohall

Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Volvo XC60, Ducati SC1000
Another observation is about the 21" all season low rolling resistance tire option. I've never heard of a 21" wheel or tire...
That stood out to me as well. Until now, I think they had only mentioned a 20“ or 22” option.

U100

Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They painted all the assembly robots the same color blue as the pickups - brilliant!

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
So curious about all the tire options and how each will affect range. I really prefer the look of All Terrain tires but guessing the Low Rolling Resistance All Seasons will allow for more range... Also, wonder if all their tire/wheel combinations give basically the exact same rolling circumference and/or is there a way to tell the computer what tires you're running so that speed/mileage estimates are accurate if you change them from time to time. I could see getting all season for daily driving and switching out to All Terrains for Overlanding trips.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagon; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2009 Toyota Prius
It's nice to see a video that feels like a progress report, for a change, instead of general PR and product hype. "Hang in there, baby, we're making progress," it seems to be saying. Is RJ listening?

Maybe a weekly progress report with different colored trucks every week? Maybe more on parts marshaling and production line readiness? Maybe some in depth details every week about different areas? This week, production. Next week, robotics and engineering. And so on.

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicles
'18 Jeep GC, '06 Mini JCW, '16 Harley Ultra, '17 VW AllTrack
Occupation
Help to split atoms safety
Looks like a lot of work ahead to setup and program the robots on the line...maybe we'll see a future robot dance with matching Blue Man group! :idea:

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Reaction score
First Name
Manuel
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'm starting to think hard about flying there and driving the car back. It would be a good way to see what it can do, there are a few offroad areas between Normal IL and FL :D

sevengroove

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper S (2 door)
I'm starting to think hard about flying there and driving the car back. It would be a good way to see what it can do, there are a few offroad areas between Normal IL and FL :D
I’ll ride back with you. I live in FL as well
Get enough of a critical mass to do this with you and maybe Rivian will fund a "Long Way Down" video, complete with the requisite charging network along the way :D