Surprised nobody beat me to it...

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i find it ironic that the same day Tony C. releases the customer email that Rivian releases this. what it shows is they are great at marketing comms and terrible at customer comms.

OP
OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I don't think we need this to be yet another "Rivian can't communicate" thread, there are a thousand of those and not a single one has ever changed anyone's mind.

I thought the behind the scenes view was super cool, very impressed by the progress on the EDV line and the scale of some of the machines.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
It was a major part of the shareholder meeting today, hence the timing…

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Nice find! Interesting how RJ says an R1 is matched to a configuration/customer once it's out of the paint shop. I don't think it's working out quite like that in practice :). But the paint colors all look stunning in factory light. Love the new shots of the R1S as well, although to @dleewla's point it does highlight the dissonance between the two comms approaches:

Last edited:

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Surprised nobody beat me to it...

Thank you VERY much for sharing this! I really enjoyed seeing the factory and, as an R1S reservation-holder, I found the number of R1S sightings encouraging.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Nice find! Interesting how RJ says an R1 is matched to a configuration/customer once it's out of the paint shop. I don't think it's working out quite like that in practice :). But the paint colors all look stunning in factory light. Love the new shots of the R1S as well, although to @dleewla's point it does highlight the dissonance between the two comms approaches:
My glacier white looks stunning in just about all light.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
My glacier white looks stunning in just about all light.
GW is definitely on my list too - I would give it serious consideration if I get sent to the "R1 Shop" for my R1S whenever it is time.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
i understood that to mean it’s matched with a VIN. So they‘re not serialized until after the body is picked.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
i understood that to mean it’s matched with a VIN. So they‘re not serialized until after the body is picked.
I got that too, but RJ said something along the lines of "we'll know the R1's destination" at that stage, which I took to mean matching with a customer.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Interesting how RJ says an R1 is matched to a configuration/customer once it's out of the paint shop. I don't think it's working out quite like that in practice :).
Later in Q&A he commented/mumbled something about a two tiered matching system. Once more confirming something the forum suspected long ago…

ICYMI a replay of the meeting should be available s00n…

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Later in Q&A he commented/mumbled something about a two tiered matching system. Once more confirming something the forum suspected long ago…
Love your signature - "Failure to Launch Edition R1S" 😆. That needs to go on a t-shirt.
Sponsored