Sponsored

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
It's a complete shame such a fine innovative product like the R1T is hampered by the lack of communications, it reflects poorly on management. This is like hearing from the neighbors that your parents are getting a divorce. It would be so simple to broadcast to all the reservation holders there will be a delay. The February delivery is for someone promised the truck in October, where does that leave the rest of us? It's time to reserve a Lightning and take the first to arrive.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I was really hoping to not have to update my list of poorly communicated delays, but here we find ourselves.

• Sometime in 2020 -> Really meant December 2020
  • December 2020 -> Really meant June 2021
  • June 2021 -> Really meant July 2021
  • July 2021 -> Really meant September 2021
  • Sept 2021-> Really meant October 2021
  • October 2021 -> Really meant February 2022
  • February 2022 -> Really means ????

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
With that being a R1T, do any of us R1S folks have hope hope for Before March/April? lol
Silly me I was hoping summer 2022, but now I am embracing for End of 2022 at the earliest. I guess I did well getting a 24months lease vehicle for the time being :)

Sponsored

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
And you all called me pessimistic and being too harsh or negative.

Here I might not have been negative enough.....

And yet you all were very hesitant even hear my points. Some of you even blocked me, because it wasn't what you wanted to hear......

Q2-Q3 2024 hopeful here...

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Silly me I was hoping summer 2022, but now I am embracing for End of 2022 at the earliest. I guess I did well getting a 24months lease vehicle for the time being :)

I have a Ioniq 5 deposit down and I thought I'd never use it but its nice to know I have a backup in my pocket. Granted they have been massively delayed as well.

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Sorry man. That really sucks. I‘d be royally pissed if I were in your shoes.
Really, I'm not. I am very disappointed in the lack of transparency and TERRIBLE comms strategy, but not the delay. We all knew it was coming, including Rivian, but they just pretended it wasn't a thing.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
With that being a R1T, do any of us R1S folks have hope hope for Before March/April? lol
I have been concerned by a lack of seeing any R1S in the wild. Didn’t we see a lot of R1Ts in the wild this summer? We saw the R1S a few times, but not recently.

You are always on top of posting all the photos captured in the wild, which is very much appreciated. Thanks. I hope we get to see more of the R1S s00n.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I have been concerned by a lack of seeing any R1S in the wild. Didn’t we see a lot of R1Ts in the wild this summer? We saw the R1S a few times, but not recently.

You are always on top of posting all the photos captured in the wild, which is very much appreciated. Thanks. I hope we get to see more of the R1S s00n.

Sadly I have been loosing steam mainly because lack of news/caring about the actual real product rather than the "FLUFF" behind it especially with very low east coast presence and lackluster CS so I haven't been as enthusiastic about finding things nor do I care to do so because of it. Winter blues have already hit hard! LOL.

Sponsored

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
This is so bungled I canceled out of the DSP because of how* Rivian handled the situation, not because they were in one. Obviously my backing out doesn't mean anything to the overall picture. Which is fine as it's not being done out of spite or as a "punishment". I simply have real world concerns with management. Besides it is a small offering (175 shares). I can always jump back in down the road.

I hate to put blame on the possible victim (Rivian of course) of labor and supply chain issues but they should have been more forthcoming. I do not know how anyone can defend the handling of this. They own it.

Rivian has the appearance of being more concerned with IPO and good press. So it looks like they are either inept or indifferent to how their actions (or lack of) are impacting some of their potential customer base. That concerns me.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Possibly before, but that's my guess (Mar/Apr).

It's also a possibility that godfodder's R1T moved lower in the priority line due to logistics, or even changing focus to earlier preorders. I wouldn't take this as a blanket delay until we get more data points.

I was really hoping to not have to update my list of poorly communicated delays, but here we find ourselves.

• Sometime in 2020 -> Really meant December 2020
  • December 2020 -> Really meant June 2021
  • June 2021 -> Really meant July 2021
  • July 2021 -> Really meant September 2021
  • Sept 2021-> Really meant October 2021
  • October 2021 -> Really meant February 2022
  • February 2022 -> Really means ????
Wow, that packs a punch when presented like that.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

This is so bungled I canceled out of the DSP because of how* Rivian handled the situation, not because they were in one. Obviously my backing out doesn't mean anything to the overall picture. Which is fine as it's not being done out of spite or as a "punishment". I simply have real world concerns with management. Besides it is a small offering (175 shares). I can always jump back in down the road.

I hate to put blame on the possible victim (Rivian of course) of labor and supply chain issues but they should have been more forthcoming. I do not know how anyone can defend the handling of this. They own it.

Rivian has the appearance of being more concerned with IPO and good press. So it looks like they are either inept or indifferent to how their actions (or lack of) are impacting some of their potential customer base. That concerns me.
I think I am with you on this. I was going to buy 100 shares in the DSP but rethinking that, maybe I will just grab 20 shares for fun. I still really believe in Rivian, at least the R1T speaks to my lifestyle directly. Hoping they can still keep their plan for delivering all LE R1Ts by spring. If I like what I see I may put a deposit on the Silverado EV as a backup option.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Wow, that packs a punch when presented like that.
Especially when it isn't even complete. There was a delay or two missed in there:
  1. Built in 2019, Deliveries in Early 2020 -> Sometime in 2020
  2. Sometime in 2020 -> Really meant December 2020
  3. December 2020 -> Really meant June 2021
  4. June 2021 -> Really meant July 2021
  5. July 2021 -> Really meant September 2021
  6. Sept 2021-> Really meant October 2021
  7. October 2021 -> Really meant February 2022
  8. February 2022 -> Really means ????
    LE Deliveries in Spring 2022 -> Really means ????
It feels never ending.

Added numbers for the delays in case anyone cares. We're literally at the 8th different estimate for deliveries. FFS.

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Sadly I have been loosing steam mainly because lack of news/caring about the actual real product rather than the "FLUFF" behind it especially with very low east coast presence and lackluster CS so I haven't been as enthusiastic about finding things nor do I care to do so because of it. Winter blues have already hit hard! LOL.
No worries. I am on it! It may be awhile though. Haha.
Sponsored