First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It appears to work exactly the same as you described with the Entune system based on the video I saw a couple days ago. My Tesla is the exact same way and I dont miss Carplay at all… I use the built in streaming, but most times I ask Siri to play what I want from Apple Music. Or my daughters want the phone to pick their music without my input! Hahaha

That all said, I know a lot of folks (clearly) want CarPlay/AA. But for me I dont miss it
Thanks for that info. I had CarPlay for a year in a Ridgeline and I was very underwhelmed by it. It was very buggy and would often freeze up or crash. I know that is not everyone’s experience, but when I bought my Tacoma I did not miss it at all. I’d much rather have to use Rivian‘s system if it’s well designed and allows me to listen to the things I like.
Sponsored

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
Any chance Rivian will reconsider Carplay given this ?:
Spotify to pull Neil Young's music

Just kidding, but it does show how it sucks to focus on one service rather than letting the customer decide. I'm pretty sure I wasn't paying for any Spotify service anyway, but the deal is sealed now.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Any chance Rivian will reconsider Carplay given this ?:
Spotify to pull Neil Young's music

Just kidding, but it does show how it sucks to focus on one service rather than letting the customer decide. I'm pretty sure I wasn't paying for any Spotify service anyway, but the deal is sealed now.
The needle and the Damage done.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

i hope they add Amazon music as an app at least like spotify. Pandora as well give people options since we don't get car play.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

For what it's worth, I love that Neil Young never seems to care what anyone else thinks. He's truly the loner with a heart of gold and he don't cry no tears, even when he's fu€#!n' up big time. He just says "Let's roll, like a hurricane".

Not having any kids, I hope you all show the act of love and teach your children not to be helpless, and try to carry on, even when they see the sky about to rain.

And to Neil I'd say, "I'm here for you, old man! Long may you run! Soldier on and keep speakin' out, don't be denied, and don't let it bring you down. But, there's no goin' back no more! Try to walk on. But please tell me why you chose those words? Ordinary people, out on the weekend, want to know. Now that you've said 'Lookout, Joe!', don't be crying 'Oh, lonesome me!' as you and Spotify go separate ways"

If you don't know Neil's anthology, this rant must sound crazy. Honestly, even if you know his anthology, well, nuf said.... ?‍??

(Title count, anyone?)

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
i hope they add Amazon music as an app at least like spotify. Pandora as well give people options since we don't get car play.
Agreed, but I'd also like to see Apple music on there too. Not having carplay does suck (for me), but not being able to listen to music outside of streaming bluetooth unless using Spotify is a massive oversight in terms of an infotainment. Bluetooth audio quality is pretty bad.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I really just want to be able to wire in my iPhone or plug in a usb drive. Given the relative failure of the wireless charge pad (which wouldn't really excite me if it worked well), this seems like a good idea anyway.
I agree 100%!

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Removing Neil Young's music (which I like) from Spotify gave me the incentive to find out what CarPlay is, who Joe Rogan is and why Spotify removed his music. All the headlines gave me the impression Spotify had a beef with Neil Young, but it's the other way around. Neil Young asked for his music to be removed, due to Joe Rogan's spreading misinformation about the COVID vaccine, or treatment (?). Spotify regrets Neil Young wanting to remove his music.

I respect Neil Young's choice to do what he wants, but he's hurting his fans that choose to use Spotify (me), IMO.

However, I'm also not a big fan of anyone giving an ultimatum to specifically hurt a company, college, or individual, that has a venue for all type of opinions to be voiced. It's kind of saying "do it my way, or the highway." "For What it's Worth" (my favorite), trying to shut down free speech and opposing views is dangerous, IMO and I think this is another example. All I can see in my mind, is a child saying, "I'm not going to play with you anymore, if you don't choose me to be on your side!" Maybe we never grow up.

CarPlay is a different story. Being I've never had it, I can't miss it. I think I understand some aspects of it, but until I see it in action, I can't comment one way, or the other. I do like options though.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Thanks for that info. I had CarPlay for a year in a Ridgeline and I was very underwhelmed by it. It was very buggy and would often freeze up or crash. I know that is not everyone’s experience, but when I bought my Tacoma I did not miss it at all. I’d much rather have to use Rivian‘s system if it’s well designed and allows me to listen to the things I like.
The few times I used Carplay I found it to be pretty bad as well. Android auto has been marginally better, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of a native system being better. As long as I have a wide variety of apps natively available, like OnX maps, YT Music, Netflix, Prime Video, Google Photos etc. I would be happy. Tesla did a decent job, and I hope Rivian can do even better. Primary needs include off road maps (with trails and boundaries), my choice of music service, the ability to watch a show while charging, and it would be cool to be able to do things like pull up photos on the main screen (definitely not necessary though).

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Removing Neil Young's music (which I like) from Spotify gave me the incentive to find out what CarPlay is, who Joe Rogan is and why Spotify removed his music. All the headlines gave me the impression Spotify had a beef with Neil Young, but it's the other way around. Neil Young asked for his music to be removed, due to Joe Rogan's spreading misinformation about the COVID vaccine, or treatment (?). Spotify regrets Neil Young wanting to remove his music.

I respect Neil Young's choice to do what he wants, but he's hurting his fans that choose to use Spotify (me), IMO.

However, I'm also not a big fan of anyone giving an ultimatum to specifically hurt a company, college, or individual, that has a venue for all type of opinions to be voiced. It's kind of saying "do it my way, or the highway." "For What it's Worth" (my favorite), trying to shut down free speech and opposing views is dangerous, IMO and I think this is another example. All I can see in my mind, is a child saying, "I'm not going to play with you anymore, if you don't choose me to be on your side!" Maybe we never grow up.

CarPlay is a different story. Being I've never had it, I can't miss it. I think I understand some aspects of it, but until I see it in action, I can't comment one way, or the other. I do like options though.
Joe Rogan is one main reason I cancelled my Spotify Premium and switched to YT Music. Turns out YT Music is actually better, so win win.

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius

All true. Of course the only entity that must guarantee free speech is the government. Spotify need not provide a platform for Rogan. Neil Young need not allow Spotify to use his product if they support an idiot who has likely contributed to unnecessary deaths during the COVID-19 pandemic. Capitalism is a difficult system to work within as the consumer can use any reasoning important to them to determine how to spend their money (e.g. economic, social justice). In the end, I want the option to not support Spotify and to achieve good sound quality - those are my motivations. Joe Rogan, Aaron Rodgers, etc.. have a right to be idiots, just no right to my $ or support.
I do enjoy having access to the Neil Young catalog on Apple Music, but honestly I could live with only my Live Rust CD burned onto a flash drive.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The few times I used Carplay I found it to be pretty bad as well. Android auto has been marginally better, but I'm starting to come around to the idea of a native system being better. As long as I have a wide variety of apps natively available, like OnX maps, YT Music, Netflix, Prime Video, Google Photos etc. I would be happy. Tesla did a decent job, and I hope Rivian can do even better. Primary needs include off road maps (with trails and boundaries), my choice of music service, the ability to watch a show while charging, and it would be cool to be able to do things like pull up photos on the main screen (definitely not necessary though).
I agree 100%. And if what people like most about CP and AA is access to the apps they enjoy, Rivian could probably win most of those people over by offering most of those apps in their own system. I am more disappointed in the inability to have a wired connection. What good is having a fancy Meridian sound system if you can only connect to it via BT? You will never hear how good it is. BT audio quality is $hite.
Sponsored