First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
I picked up my T last August 9 and it has been trouble free thus far. Lifetime efficiency is 2.57 over 17,656 miles. I was really trying to make it 12 months on the OEM tires but it just wasn’t to be so I pulled the trigger and re-shod the T with new 21” shoes today. I sure wish I had options other than the hyper-expensive Pirellis. I’ve noticed with the new tires is that the ride seems much better but efficiency is taking a 10%-15% hit thus far.
Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
2.57?!?!?!?!? I am at 2.14 with 9600 miles. Today with the 100 degree weather and the AC blasting I am getting a fun 1.89 lol

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

2.57?!?!?!?!? I am at 2.14 with 9600 miles. Today with the 100 degree weather and the AC blasting I am getting a fun 1.89 lol
I got 2.48 today with my original 20 ATs at 29k... Pretty sure I could squeeze another 3-5k out of them but I'm ready for some AS+3 shoes

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
You’re having to replace the tires at that low of mileage??? I just completed my second tire rotation yesterday at 10.5k on my 21’s and still showing 8mm tread depth all the way around… You must be having more fun than me 😛
I expect somewhere in the neighborhood of 40k out of these stock tires with continued rotations at 5-6k intervals

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I've got just over 27K on my OEM 20" tires. I still haven't rotated them, but I expect another 10K easy once I do, as long as I can patch the hole that will be in one of them after I pull out the 1/4" bolt that is in the tread.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The Aero Covers went into storage almost immediately. After 3,000 miles, there is no measurable tread wear.

I have a lot of experience with heavy (+/- 8,000#) pick-up trucks. Tires only last to about 35,000 miles. This is what I expect from my R1T. I am hoping that there will be some 21" tire selections available by the time I need them.

Brian

GoldenMaui

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Occupation
Adventurer
I have the OEM Pirelli’s with 21 inch tires. I have about 8,000 miles on them with one rotation. I’m about to take a 3,200 mile road trip and I am doubtful there is enough tread left on what are now the rear tires to be safe. I haven’t measured the depth, but miles traveled and to be tracked suggest the rear tires won’t make it.

i drive mainly in conserve mode except for winter conditions. I’ve read on this blog site where the conserve mode wears the front tires out faster, perhaps from weight shifting to the front with regenerative braking. Lesson learned is more rosy at ions and maybe switch to All Purpose mode.

I agree, more choices on tires would be great!
Sponsored