Sponsored

Need Waze integration

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
The logical conclusion to that argument is that it's ok to take necessary precautions to avoid the penalties for murdering someone.

That doesn't morally fly with me, and I strive to avoid hypocrisy in life.

Whoa. You're worse off than I realized.
Sponsored

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
I really do not understand why

Overwhelmingly, customers want CarPlay. I really do not understand why Rivian does not listen and add it. A very simple way to make the customer happy.
They want the telemetry so they can use/sell the data. Guessing it’s part of their deal with Amazon for the info.
Amazon, Google and Apple are strategic rivals.
Amazon/Rivian don’t want to see their competitors front and center on there Automobiles.

Last edited:

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Welcome to rivianforums, where if you’re not doing things the native existing rivian way then you’re doing it wrong. Not using Spotify? (And now tidal) then you’re wrong for needing whatever music service you want. Rivian nav not good enough? You’re using it wrong and should be ashamed. You need some additional service that rivian doesn’t already have? Get over yourself, you don’t need it.
At least, that’s what I’ve gathered being here for the time that I have.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
They want the telemetry so they can use/sell the data. Guessing it’s part of their deal with Amazon for the info.
This. Plus the hubris of attempting to extend their mission beyond launching a new EV car company.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've been running Waze + a radar detector for years now and haven't received a speeding ticket ever since.
I just don’t speed and surprisingly haven’t gotten a ticket either. Weird how that works.

Sponsored

R1Sulli

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, SQ5, Mk 8 GTI
Given the huge amount of resources that Google and Apple can devote to mapping there really is no excuse for any new car not to offer car play or android auto for access to routing, road hazards, and all the other mapping benefits they provide. If Rivian thinks their mapping will be good enough to complete, I will be surprised. But if they do not provide traffic, closures, road hazards, etc. on Rivian navigation and seek to sell it as a revenue generating service, is it corporate profiteering over safety?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rfan

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Blue, OC
Occupation
Education/Technology
Clubs

I support the original post -- I want Waze too! ...via CarPlay. Not because I speed (ok, maybe a little). But because I want to be productive, responsible, and safe while driving. My phone is my communication conduit and CarPlay enables a safer connected experience.

I'm proud to be part of the annoying majority that feels the phone integration just does not measure up to the rest of this amazing truck.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Amazon, Google and Apple are strategic rivals.
Amazon/Rivian don’t want to see their competitors front and center on there Automobiles.
I don't think it's telemetry data. They can collect that regardless of what nav app you're using. Maybe they want to add ads (like waze does). More likely it's Alexa's fault.

carmigo

Site Sponsor
First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rivian in the easiest way possible.
I need Waze. I drive recklessly fast especially on the highway and have never gotten a ticket in the last 10 years completely due to Waze and its incredibly user generated speed trap marking system.

I now have the fastest accelerating vehicle I have ever owned and I am forced to run waze on a separate device or drive around nervous knowing that so many other driver know something that I dont.

Other benefits that I don't care about.
Best real time traffic
best road closure info
road hazard tagging
That is a valid problem... I've heard of these CarPlay detachable GPS setups that you can install and then your phone (and waze) would connect to it. The link I attached is an example
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Single-1...0?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101096489

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I just don’t speed and surprisingly haven’t gotten a ticket either. Weird how that works.
Doesn't always work that way. Last ticket I got was for obstructing traffic :(

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs