Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
nacsShipDate = date((strftime(R1 delivery date) - rnd(distance to nearest SC)) * factorial(s00n))
Ah, you need to add VIN value to that function I think.
Sponsored

Ohm Boy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Clubs

Fair compensation for some of those early adopter issues.
Big, totally agree. I’d love to have my adapter tomorrow morning at 7:35. 🙂 But not if folks who purchased much earlier than I did, which was December 2023, didn’t get theirs first. As for the notion of shipping to those who took delivery earlier as opposed to folks who bought a used R1T with an early VIN, it would be a bit much to expect that Rivian would put the effort into knowing who owns which vehicle by this or that acquisition process when they have bigger fish to fry. My only complaint again is that they are not charging us for the adapters. I see no business case for them sending adapters to EXISTING owners free of charge when they could use the cash, however much that would be, for something with a more direct, quantifiable ROI.

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Wow! I was just viewing this thread about the adaptor emails going, when I noticed I had just received a new email. Went to my mailbox and saw the email was from Rivian. Cool! Well, turns out it wasn’t about the adaptor. It was a notification that my manual tonneau cover was heading my way and would be here Monday. Been waiting almost 8 months for it. Weird on the timing of that email 🤔

BTW, my A2Z adaptor is supposed to arrive tomorrow. This is like Christmas in April.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
so R1S owners are at the back of the line.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

so R1S owners are at the back of the line.
I'm kinda sad that they aren't doing it off ownership date, and just going up the VIN ladder. Lots of early VINs were resold after I purchased my truck, and it's not fair.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'm kinda sad that they aren't doing it off ownership date, and just going up the VIN ladder. Lots of early VINs were resold after I purchased my truck, and it's not fair.
all I want to be able to do is block two spaces at a supercharger. is that asking too much? it is the small goals in life that make it worth living.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
all I want to be able to do is block two spaces at a supercharger. is that asking too much? it is the small goals in life that make it worth living.
Imagine how much more fun that could have been with a snowplow mounted to the front of the R1S....

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Congrats.. I'm sure I am about to set off a hundred I didn't get the email posts but March 2022 with a 3000 vin and I didn't get the same.

So maybe a thousand or less adapters shipped..
In the same boat as you.
Checks email
Nope, still waiting.

Sponsored

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
LOL - For you I think the most interesting thing (since you'll be receiving two adapters) will be the time between receiving the adapter for the T and the S. In that window Murphy dictates that the adapter will always be in the other vehicle when you need it the most!

shipdriver

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Explorer (sold)
Occupation
Retired
When I pressed Customer Service rep recently when on phone to confirm a mobile service the best I could get out of him led me to believe that it’s by ownership aka delivery date. My pleadings for order date seemed fruitless. But, maybe it’s me, I usually end those calls with some uncertainty regardless.

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
Keep in mind this is a prep email to get the addresses. They are allowing 60 days to confirm address, will be curious when we see the first shipment notice.
I'm assuming they could start shipping immediately. Say they have 2000 on hand and have the capacity to ship 200/day. They probably sent invites to the first 3000 VINs, and then each day they'll fulfill orders on the earliest VINs based on who've responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.