SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I am getting ahead of myself but, I'm already looking forward to whichever update lets us live view Motion Cam. Here's why:
When I know I am parking for a long time at a shared charger and someone is already in one space I will plug in and disable the charge to let them finish quickly. But then I have to periodically initiate charge & check charging rate to know when they have either topped up or departed.
Will be nice to peek via camera if the spaces are empty. This happens more for me than most since I try to charge at work and sometimes overnight.

Rivian R1T R1S Motion Cam- Politely Waiting to Charge Screenshot_20230501-222504~2
Sponsored

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

It's a "shared" charger, not a "wait in line" charger. Quit being polite and just charge already.
Indeed. It would be more polite to just let the car charge as fast and as soon as the charger will allow and then move it when it is done so you're not hogging the charger/space.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I am getting ahead of myself but, I'm already looking forward to whichever update lets us live view Motion Cam.
Has Rivian said this is on their SW Dev roadmap? Other than pet mode that lets you live-view the interior cam, doesn't seem like live exterior viewing has a lot of appeal.

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

Has Rivian said this is on their SW Dev roadmap? Other than pet mode that lets you live-view the interior cam, doesn't seem like live exterior viewing has a lot of appeal.
The only time I ever used it on my Tesla was as a prank, since you could also talk.

Sponsored

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
I am getting ahead of myself but, I'm already looking forward to whichever update lets us live view Motion Cam. Here's why:
When I know I am parking for a long time at a shared charger and someone is already in one space I will plug in and disable the charge to let them finish quickly. But then I have to periodically initiate charge & check charging rate to know when they have either topped up or departed.
Will be nice to peek via camera if the spaces are empty. This happens more for me than most since I try to charge at work and sometimes overnight.

Screenshot_20230501-222504~2.png
I don't necessarily need to remotely view video (though wouldn't complain) but a 360 snapshot would be extremely useful. The EV6 had this function and I used it periodically when I traveled. Also nice if your car is in the shop.

OP
OP
SSteveEV

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Indeed. It would be more polite to just let the car charge as fast and as soon as the charger will allow and then move it when it is done so you're not hogging the charger/space.
I've never seen it more than 3/4 full so that's not an issue at this one but otherwise I would absolutely unplug and move quickly.

OP
OP
SSteveEV

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

I hope it is very far down the list if there at all. But Motion Cam should trigger when someone leaves next to me so that would cover most of my uses but typically it records the bushes currently which isn't helpful.

OP
OP
SSteveEV

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Then why even worry about it?
Well I'm not losing sleep over it, but because I don't know how rushed the others are to charge so I'd rather let them have priority if needed since I know I don't.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I agree with the other people who have said that you need to just hurry up and charge your truck then move it from the charger. I too like to try to be polite and not take up space/ be in the way of others. It's important to me to try and not be an asshole out in the world. Sometimes the most polite thing you can do is what everyone else expects you to do.

Think of it like a gas station, if there was a line what would be the most efficient way of getting gas? Would it be filling your tank up 1/4 of the way then pulling around to get back in line 4 times, or would it be to just take that little longer to get your gas and then get out of the station completely so there is one less car taking up space?

I think in that instance, and in this one, it would be the most efficient if you just got done with your business and cleared the area.
Sponsored