Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Great review.

I’m going to be opening a sports book operation at all superchargers with “magic docks” so people can place bets on the ensuing brawls that WILL happen.

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Great review.

I’m going to be opening a sports book operation at all superchargers with “magic docks” so people can place bets on the ensuing brawls that WILL happen.
Give me a good line and you got my money

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

what was peak kw, 143? That doesn't really get me that excited

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Great review.

Just wait for a Chevy Bolt plugged in and a Plaid can't find a spot.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

How long till someone takes the adapter with them and uses it at a non Magic School Bus Super*charger?

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
How long till someone takes the adapter with them and uses it at a non Magic School Bus Super*charger?
Visualizing a short bus

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
That particular station seems to solve the “but the charger is in the wrong place and I need to take up two spots” problem, at least for one car. Not sure if it was set up like that before, but good news nonetheless.

BTW I told a friend about the stations in Los Gatos today (he lives there) and he responded that those are almost always fully subscribed, and he’ll be down there waiting to film the first fistfight.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This review didn’t show it, but in another one posted this morning (Out of Spec Sr) the guy tried to pull the adapter off and it’s locked on there pretty good. I think that review might have even been at the same NY charger.

Other than the parking disaster, short cables, and future beatings/ murders, Tesla came up with a pretty slick solution.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I just checked a few of the Superchargers in the PNW area and the pricing is *way* cheaper than some had led me to believe. 17c/kWh off peak, 27c/kWh mid, and a max of 32c/kWh at peak times.

That's incredibly reasonable, and opening these up would really push some of the 'incumbents' (looking at you EVGo and EA) to figure their shit out. I do worry about a future where Tesla has managed to capture the charging market due to regulatory and first-mover advantages, but for now I think this is just a boon.

EDIT: Is there any indication yet of which chargers will be getting the any-vehicle treatment in this current or future rollout waves?

EDIT 2: Looks like you will in fact get an upcharge for being non-tesla, so the .52c mark is maybe more realistic. Still not a bad tradeoff for the reliability and availability if they open up enough of them, but not the screaming deal that would drive competition.

Last edited:

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
I was at a Tesla supercharger north of Seattle charging my Tesla last week and every stall but one was taken. The line started forming shortly after. I imagine once the non-tesla's get a hold of it, its going to be chaos. Meanwhile every time i've taken my R1T to charge at an EA i've never had a wait or any issues. Its nice to have choices but I won't be running to a Tesla supercharger anytime soon unless I have to.
Sponsored