First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
What happens when you are queued up in your Rivian at a Supercharger site and your turn comes up but the stall you pull into has a cabe that doesn't reach (wrong side). So you wait for the stall next to you that reaches and then take up two spots??

Get your popcorn ...
At least you’d know all spots are in use ahead of time so you head to nearest EA, get faster charge, and on the road sooner

Gandy14

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, R1T DM
Occupation
Journeyman Carpenter
What happens when you are queued up in your Rivian at a Supercharger site and your turn comes up but the stall you pull into has a cabe that doesn't reach (wrong side). So you wait for the stall next to you that reaches and then take up two spots??

Get your popcorn ...
They really need to design more superchargers where you can access the charger from the front or back. I've seen a few of those and that would allow you to another option.

Tahoe Man

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
It's no longer road rage, it's Charger Rage!

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

what was peak kw, 143? That doesn't really get me that excited
If the charger is in an area where there are no DCFC, then it doesn't need to be very fast to get me excited. A good example is a recent trip that I took to Panama City Beach (which does have a Tesla SC but no DCFC within 30 miles). This capability would have been incredibly helpful, even at a peak of 140kw.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
If only some of us that don't live on a coast.....could get some of this fast charging love....

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Tom's State of Charge Channel getting lot's of love from MKBHD subscribers.

Tom has a great channel and I love his content so I hope the by-chance run-in with MKBHD helps grow his channel.

Rivian R1T R1S [MKBHD] Charging a non-Tesla (Rivian) at a Tesla Supercharger! Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 1.53.18 PM

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Comments from a "Tesla employee' on the Youtube video says this current rollout is a trial and eventually Tesla will retrofit the Tesla Superchargers with longer cables.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Tom has a great channel and I love his content so I hope the by-chance run-in with MKBHD helps grow his channel.

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 1.53.18 PM.png

X2 I have been watching him for 2 years+ now, I was a tad bit surprised he was stressing the cable that much but maybe he was making a point lol.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
If the charger is in an area where there are no DCFC, then it doesn't need to be very fast to get me excited. A good example is a recent trip that I took to Panama City Beach (which does have a Tesla SC but no DCFC within 30 miles). This capability would have been incredibly helpful, even at a peak of 140kw.
Exactly. The old 50kw chargers are fantastic when a charge is needed in a rural area. The perspective changes after one sits for a couple of hours at a free level 2 to get 30 miles.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 1.53.18 PM.png
Hopefully the other direction too

jplblue

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Honda Element
Clubs

Tesla should limit it by brand. Means if any brand is less then 50kwh speed should be not compatible. Like bolt, niro, kona etc. It should have a drop down menu, select your vehical and register it by Vin number.
Not sure if this is a serious suggestion, but I think the IRA would prohibit this if Tesla wants to access funds.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

X2 I have been watching him for 2 years+ now, I was a tad bit surprised he was stressing the cable that much but maybe he was making a point lol.
LOL - I was thinking the exact same thing on the cable. I kept thinking, he had a few more inches he could pull up.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Hopefully the other direction too
Yes! Although, MKBHD has >16M followers and Tom has >60K so I'm thinking Tom is more likely to benefit but hopefully there is some cross-pollination. Both channels are excellent.
Sponsored