Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
Me too. Although I hope MPLS gets one eventually
I think they eventually may put one in MPLS. As they release more vehicles and electric vehicles gain market share I could see one in the area. They really need to concentrate on charging infrastructure and actually delivering vehicles at this point.
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I think they eventually may put one in MPLS. As they release more vehicles and electric vehicles gain market share I could see one in the area. They really need to concentrate on charging infrastructure and actually delivering vehicles at this point.
But will they deliver to an area that has no service center planned? That’s the question. Could be in for a long wait

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
But will they deliver to an area that has no service center planned? That’s the question. Could be in for a long wait
I am afraid I already have a long wait. I just ordered a couple months ago. I ordered a R1T with the max pack. I think I have read that they will have some remote service available for us "out in the boonies" folks. I really hope location does not prolong delivery by much. Next summer would be nice but I think I may be dreaming.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I am afraid I already have a long wait. I just ordered a couple months ago. I ordered a R1T with the max pack. I think I have read that they will have some remote service available for us "out in the boonies" folks. I really hope location does not prolong delivery by much. Next summer would be nice but I think I may be dreaming.
I haven't ordered yet.. Want to see official EPA data for wheel configurations. I don't expect to get the truck until early 2023. The service center locations are currently a part of the decision process for deliveries.

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I haven't ordered yet.. Want to see official EPA data for wheel configurations. I don't expect to get the truck until early 2023. The service center locations are currently a part of the decision process for deliveries.
It does make sense for the first deliveries to be close to service centers. The first ones may have some kinks to work out. It will be impossible to have service centers close to all deliveries once they get past the initial couple months. But if they work out from existing service centers I may be 2023 too. I hope not. One advantage of not getting the first set of deliveries is to see real world range and how it does in colder weather.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
If you want an early 2023 delivery, I'd recommend preordering several months ago.

Tommy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 HD Fatboy
You may be right, but it’s a recommendation based on information nobody knows.
FWIW, based on my conversation with my guide, delivery date is based on these three data points.
First - order date.
Second - configuration
Third and most important - service support capability.
i.e. day one order is trumped by proximity to service support.

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010, Focus RS
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
Another little bit of new Rivian related info pertaining to MN. Looks like their insurance arm, Rivian Insurance Services, LLC has a business filing in the state as of 8/18/21. While not a Service Center it's hopefully a good sign of progress in the area.

Rivian R1T R1S Minnesota Pre Orders 1630026612445

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

July 2021 R1S holder here.

Waiting is getting tougher.

Sponsored

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Rochester MN, preordered June 2021, R1S AT tires.

Curious, anyone get a guide contact or a first mile invite? I have not, wasn't expecting anything soon given both late pre-order and R1S, but just curious.

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
Small development for us around MN. Rivian, LLC now shows as a registered MN business as of 10/6/21.

Rivian R1T R1S Minnesota Pre Orders 1634150531017

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
Rochester MN, preordered June 2021, R1S AT tires.

Curious, anyone get a guide contact or a first mile invite? I have not, wasn't expecting anything soon given both late pre-order and R1S, but just curious.
No contact here (Dec. '19 R1T LE) nor among our friends that have pre-ordered but that seems about as expected. Did get a cool Rivian Rumpl blanket from a kind-hearted CS employee with prior ties to Rochester, though. I'd bet the R1T LE folks in MN and WI will start hearing about guide contacts in Nov. Rivian just got listed as an MN business last week in my post above.
Rivian R1T R1S Minnesota Pre Orders 20210905_102309

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I wonder how many other states Rivian has done that in. Has to be a good sign for Minnesota being an early service center right?

TJP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Order Date is April 28, 2019

Current Configuration:
R1T - Limestone - Adventure Package - Max Pack - 20" Dark AT
Ocean Coast
Camp Kitchen - Tent

I've had no contact with customer service and assume the Max Pack will delay my delivery until next spring.

I've seen no hard(soft date starting Jan. 2022) info on when they will deliver Max Pack configuration and how the Max Pack will change the design of the 300 mile version. Will they put the extra battery packs under the rear seat?

I live in Uptown and would love to get together with any and all that take delivery!
Sponsored