First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Looks like GM has different reservation numbers for the different trims. I was able to get a reservation for each, the Edition 1 and the standard WT/RST as a Rivian backup. Edition 1 was 009xxx and WT/RST was 648xxx
I reserved right away and my wt/rst is 553xxx. Wonder what these #s actually mean since it's not sequential

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
People were able to reserve the Silverado before 1PM EST? Well I guess that sucks for me. The countdown didn't turn into a reserve link on my pc and phone until exactly 1PM EST. I was able to get a First Edition deposit completed within about 30 seconds. I wonder how far back in the line I am.

It's funny, I had no plans to reserve the Silverado. Then I thought to myself, only way I would, would be if it had a midgate. Sure enough!

I really like that feature for camping. Put a cover over the bed and have all that climate controlled space for road trips and off-roading.

But I doubt I'll go with it over my R1S with max pack. The Silverado with only two motors and questionable Off road capability, for over $105000 seems to be a stretch.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Exactly. My reservation for the WT or RST was at 11:24 EST, and mine is 1642XX. Would be nice to know your place in line. Hmm, where have we heard that before...

The worst thing about the Silverado is it makes me second guess my choice of the R1T.

Up until now I was 100% sure I was going to take delivery. Even now I am 99.9% sure, but there is just that little bit of doubt. I guess it all comes down to what the final price will be for my preferred configuration on the Silverado. I know what my R1T is, and even if the price went up a bit, I would be good, but if the Silverado was the same price or less, it would make it a really hard decision. Having that 2nd Half 2023 delivery date gives me the time to see how things shake out.
I think anyone who needs a truck as a truck on a regular basis should consider something other than the R1T, but for me, it's still the best choice.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

People were able to reserve the Silverado before 1PM EST? Well I guess that sucks for me. The countdown didn't turn into a reserve link on my pc and phone until exactly 1PM EST. I was able to get a First Edition deposit completed within about 30 seconds. I wonder how far back in the line I am.

It's funny, I had no plans to reserve the Silverado. Then I thought to myself, only way I would, would be if it had a midgate. Sure enough!

I really like that feature for camping. Put a cover over the bed and have all that climate controlled space for road trips and off-roading.

But I doubt I'll go with it over my R1S with max pack. The Silverado with only two motors and questionable Off road capability, for over $105000 seems to be a stretch.
The First Edition wasn't straightforward to actually reserve much before the opening time.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Such a great typo!

re·vile | rəˈvīl
verb [with object ]
criticize in an abusive or angrily insulting manner: he was now reviled by the party that he had helped to lead.
Ex: "He reviewed the relevant event and revealed he wasn't relieved after he relived being reviled by those he revered."

I should reverse course and revert to decaf.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I am just not a truck guy. It seems massive and overbearing to me. Maybe they will sell light up truck nuts for it.

The Rivians seem a little more scaled back and geared toward going to places I like to go. Now if I can just figure out the bike rack situation.

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
@Sully151 The Chevy is a full size truck where the Rivian is slotted somewhere in between a mid size and full size. Funny you mention the bike because that is my biggest complaint about the Rivian. With a 4.5 ft bed, I can't even fit my mountain bike back there. Sure I can buy the cross bars and mount it that way but what is faster and easier then just throwing it in the back of the truck. A 5.5 ft bed would have been much better IMO.

Sponsored

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
Silverado EV RST(Rally Sport Truck) First Edition party trick is go fast. Or at least quicker than the quickest F-150 Lightning full size truck.

There will be a Silverado EV Trailboss for max off roading capability.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Silverado EV RST(Rally Sport Truck) First Edition party trick is go fast. Or at least quicker than the quickest F-150 Lightning full size truck.

There will be a Silverado EV Trailboss for max off roading capability.
Yep that off roading Silverado will be available in 2025 at the earliest.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

I really do not like that it looks like there's a 6"+ platform between their skateboard and the body.