First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone in this window who doesn't have a guide who's window didn't change?

Heck, anyone with a guide who's window changed? (I'm assuming if you have a guide they aren't delaying orders, but I could be completely wrong on that)
I got a guide on May 4th, he said 2-4 weeks I would have my limestone LE with 20 At. He also let me know on May 13th he had a white one I could get in 2 days. I decided to keep the limestone. Letā€™s see if they keep people with Guides in the original path.
email today say Oct-nov.
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

My guide said "probably next week!" that was 5/13. Pretty much radio silence since then. He also moved my delivery address to the factory, wonder if that messed anything up.

Now banished to the Oct-Nov 22 window.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer

sk05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UX250H, Evo IX MR
Sept 2019 preorder. Originally had a May/June 2022 delivery but it's looking like July now.

4/23 - held intro call with Rivian guide
4/27 - locked configuration, Launch Edition, Rivian Blue, 20" AT
4/27 - signed PBA
5/25 - informed my truck was in General Assembly and should be completed in 2 weeks
6/6 - notified that truck was still in General Assembly, and should be completed in the next 2 weeks
6/11 - got the email that my delivery window moved to Aug/Sept 2022; guide clarified that the updated delivery window should not apply to me
6/17 - notified that the truck should leave the factory late next week
6/22 - truck should be leaving the factory later this week or early next week

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Sept 2019 preorder. Originally had a May/June 2022 delivery but it's looking like July now.

4/27 - signed PBA
5/25 - informed my truck was in General Assembly and should be completed in 2 weeks
6/6 - notified that truck was still in General Assembly, and should be completed in the next 2 weeks
6/11 - got the email that my delivery window moved to Aug/Sept 2022; guide clarified that the updated delivery window should not apply to me

Do you think that your truck actually went into production on 5/25 or was that just when you asked? Mine has been in general assembly since 5/17 (one week after I signed the PBA) and I am trying to wrap my mind around how a vehicle can be in general assembly for that long.

Sponsored

sk05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UX250H, Evo IX MR
Do you think that your truck actually went into production on 5/25 or was that just when you asked? Mine has been in general assembly since 5/17 (one week after I signed the PBA) and I am trying to wrap my mind around how a vehicle can be in general assembly for that long.
I was notified it was in GA on 5/25 so not sure when it actually started production. I'm wondering the same thing; how is it possible that a truck stays on an assembly line for 4+ weeks?

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I was notified it was in GA on 5/25 so not sure when it actually started production. I'm wondering the same thing; how is it possible that a truck stays on an assembly line for 4+ weeks?
Needs tires to get off the line, right?

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I'm in the same boat as you. Mine has been in general assembly since 5/10. In my call with my guide late yesterday, he said it should come off the production line in the next few days and be ready to ship. He told me there was a long delay for a bunch of R1T's, something held them up. I'm thinking we're all in the same production group. I'll let you know if/when I get notification that it has been completed. When I see it I'll believe it!

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y

4/27 - signed PBA
Curious if you've heard anything further? Not a word on mine at this point.

sk05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UX250H, Evo IX MR
Iā€™ve been checking in with my guide every other day or so for updates. As of Monday, still in General Assembly.

Sponsored

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I scheduled a call with my guide for this Friday (end of June) saying that if the vehicle is still in production at that point I will want either an ETA week or a technical reason why they can't provide one (i.e. they are waiting for X part that they don't have an ETA for). He said that he sent a request in with his manager and expects to hear back within a few days.

Hopefully I get a notice that it is out of production before then and this doesn't become a big issue....

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I scheduled a call with my guide for this Friday (end of June) saying that if the vehicle is still in production at that point I will want either an ETA week or a technical reason why they can't provide one (i.e. they are waiting for X part that they don't have an ETA for). He said that he sent a request in with his manager and expects to hear back within a few days.

Hopefully I get a notice that it is out of production before then and this doesn't become a big issue....
I will be interested to hear what you find out. I am out of the country on vacation at the moment so I told my Guide I wouldnā€™t bug him for the time being but he also said my R1T would be here when I got back, hopefully. Seeing so many others getting their vehicles just doesnā€™t make sense. There has to be some reason ours are not moving out of production.

sk05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UX250H, Evo IX MR
I will be interested to hear what you find out. I am out of the country on vacation at the moment so I told my Guide I wouldnā€™t bug him for the time being but he also said my R1T would be here when I got back, hopefully. Seeing so many others getting their vehicles just doesnā€™t make sense. There has to be some reason ours are not moving out of production.
Agreed. Just messaged my Guide this morning and I was told that my VIN is next to be "Factory Gated."

Edit: Factory Gate happens when the car is finally "built" and match to my reservation. It's the last step before the vehicle leaves the factory. Next step is "In Transit."

Last edited:

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Agreed. Just messaged my Guide this morning and I was told that my VIN is next to be "Factory Gated."

Edit: Factory Gate happens when the car is finally "built" and match to my reservation. It's the last step before the vehicle leaves the factory. Next step is "In Transit."
Well that is some progress. Good news. I may ping my Guide and see if he has any updates.