May/June Deliveries Thread

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
I had a May/June delivery date (Feb 2020 reservation, North Carolina) and my R1T was delivered on June 28 😎 so they made it in the window 😜

I’m a happy camper!
Congratulations! Do you know when yours went into general assembly?
Sponsored

JoelD

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
idlethoughts.blog
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Rivian R1T LE (delivered 6/28/22)
Occupation
Retired
Congratulations! Do you know when yours went into general assembly?
Well, I got my guide call on May 4, the was told, ambiguously, that it was “in general assembly” then, so about 7 weeks 😜

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I scheduled a call with my guide for this Friday (end of June) saying that if the vehicle is still in production at that point I will want either an ETA week or a technical reason why they can't provide one (i.e. they are waiting for X part that they don't have an ETA for). He said that he sent a request in with his manager and expects to hear back within a few days.

Hopefully I get a notice that it is out of production before then and this doesn't become a big issue....
Just got my 8 step email and the purchase process opened up. I hope you get the same when you talk to your guide tomorrow!

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Just got my 8 step email and the purchase process opened up. I hope you get the same when you talk to your guide tomorrow!

Congratulations! I'm sure you will forget about how long this took the second you get your truck!

I checked in with my guide as a gentle reminder to get info for the call tomorrow. This is what I got back:

Morning! The truck is still in production as of now. As mentioned, my manager requested a status check on the vehicle and someone has to physically go and check the vehicle so it can take a bit of time. You're more than welcome to keep tomorrows call, but I dont know if I'll have new info to share by then. I will keep you posted if I hear anything today.

He also said that he did not know if the plan would be working next week.

Fingers crossed it gets out of production before the weekend.

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Did they ever tell you what had held up your truck?

Sponsored

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
No I was never able to get that information. I will be curious as to how long it takes to actually get it from this point.
No, I never did find out what held up the truck. Interesting enough I have a rather low last 4 of the VIN (3300's), but I've heard different stories on that as to what that really means. I did ask my Guide about that and he said that there are all sorts of VIN #'s coming off the assembly line and that doesn't necessarily mean that is an older vehicle.

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
I was scheduled for May/June delivery and did get a guide contact VIA email in April and scheduled a call. In the meantime I became aware of a $4000 Illinois rebate for EV purchases after 7/1 so I asked my guide to delay until after 7/1 and was told no problem. Now I feel I lost my place in line....

sk05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UX250H, Evo IX MR
Still in General Assembly
Congratulations! I'm sure you will forget about how long this took the second you get your truck!

I checked in with my guide as a gentle reminder to get info for the call tomorrow. This is what I got back:

Morning! The truck is still in production as of now. As mentioned, my manager requested a status check on the vehicle and someone has to physically go and check the vehicle so it can take a bit of time. You're more than welcome to keep tomorrows call, but I dont know if I'll have new info to share by then. I will keep you posted if I hear anything today.

He also said that he did not know if the plan would be working next week.

Fingers crossed it gets out of production before the weekend.
Did your guide give you an update on the physical check?

I'm still in the "General Assembly" stage and was advised late last week that my guide is requesting a physical check for me as well.

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Still in General Assembly

Did your guide give you an update on the physical check?

I'm still in the "General Assembly" stage and was advised late last week that my guide is requesting a physical check for me as well.

He said that it was waiting on a part to be painted, and that they will have a ETA on the vehicle by EOD Tuesday.

I asked my guide if we were still in the June/July window and he seemed confident that I still am.

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
A quick update that I did pick up my R1T yesterday, finally. It's quite a truck. It will take some getting used to, especially a new U/I. I'm coming from a Tesla Model Y. All in all, I like the truck. As many have noted there are a lot software feature improvements needed, but I'm confident they will come over time, just as Tesla continuously improved their software over the years.

Sponsored

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
A quick update that I did pick up my R1T yesterday, finally. It's quite a truck. It will take some getting used to, especially a new U/I. I'm coming from a Tesla Model Y. All in all, I like the truck. As many have noted there are a lot software feature improvements needed, but I'm confident they will come over time, just as Tesla continuously improved their software over the years.
Congratulations!
I just got my 8 step email this morning. How did that go for you?

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Congratulations!
I just got my 8 step email this morning. How did that go for you?
It went fairly quickly. Two weeks till I was able to pick up the R1T from there. Don't submit your payment in step 7 until you have a confirmed delivery date and it's within a few days of that. Also, make sure to get your insurance lined up. I went through Rivian on that, and it was very easy.

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
It went fairly quickly. Two weeks till I was able to pick up the R1T from there. Don't submit your payment in step 7 until you have a confirmed delivery date and it's within a few days of that. Also, make sure to get your insurance lined up. I went through Rivian on that, and it was very easy.
My truck has officially arrived at the service center. Hoping that they call to setup delivery for this weekend. Interestingly enough, my VIN is super low (3450).

wsgrunner

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
My truck has officially arrived at the service center. Hoping that they call to setup delivery for this weekend. Interestingly enough, my VIN is super low (3450).
Congrats. You're almost there. I wouldn't worry about the VIN. I think the LE LG's started production in a batch. I would be curious as to what the date of manufacturer says on your door sticker.

sk05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UX250H, Evo IX MR
Congrats! Did you pick up yet? I finally got my 8 step email Monday morning. My VIN is also pretty low (36XX).

For kicks, here's my updated timeline so far:

4/23 - held intro call with Rivian guide
4/27 - locked configuration, Launch Edition, Rivian Blue, 20" AT
4/27 - signed PBA
5/25 - informed my truck was in General Assembly and should be completed in 2 weeks
6/6 - notified that truck was still in General Assembly, and should be completed in the next 2 weeks
6/11 - got the email that my delivery window moved to Aug/Sept 2022; guide clarified that the updated delivery window should not apply to me
6/17 - notified that the truck should leave the factory late next week
6/22 - notified that truck should be leaving the factory same week or following week
7/15 - guide getting ready to assign me a new VIN based on the continued delays and lack of visibility into what's causing the delays
7/25 - 8 step email received early in the morning, finished the steps except for payment; truck is finally Factory Gated (looks like the "mistaken" updated delivery window moving me to Aug/Sept 2022 was spot on)
Sponsored