Max Pack Update? Anyone?

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Have any Max Pack orders been given an estimated date more specific than 1H or 2H of 2023? Has anyone heard any news/updates about prototype testing, employee deliveries, or other progress on the Max Packs? would like to see some signs of progress or confirmation that Max Packs might actually be delivered in calendar year 2023... anyone?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've never received an estimate on mine, but I only put my reservation in this year.

KAMM

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Nissan Leaf '16 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Dec 2018 reservation. had a guide appointed to me last week. he said they are still "targeting" first half of 2023. no idea what that means, as he said that could be January or June.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

June/19 Diamond Hands Max Pack Configuration here... Canada btw which adds it's own delay complexity...

No update on delivery at all. Was told in December the reason I didn't get an email was due to a physical address issue in the configurator which we fixed at that point. Then in January when we were meant to decide Max or Large pack to receive a vehicle sooner, I reached out again toward the end of January to ask if they were going to give me an update as to when I could expect to get the Max pack?

"Not sure, we will reach out in the next few weeks with updated delivery time"
Am I looking at first half or second half of 2023?
"Well, as you are one of our earliest preorder holders, you will likely get behind the wheel of your R1T in the first half of '23"

And, that's all I have from Rivian on that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EVTrukHog

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I'm an APR 2021 order with GW/OC Max Pack... was told back in December to expect delivery 1H of 2023. No updates since that time. I'm a bit surprised that no whispers of prototypes/testing have been leaked into media yet. Need to ask RJ at next earnings call...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm an APR 2021 order with GW/OC Max Pack... was told back in December to expect delivery 1H of 2023. No updates since that time. I'm a bit surprised that no whispers of prototypes/testing have been leaked into media yet. Need to ask RJ at next earnings call...
There would be no way to visually discern a Max pack from a Large pack... So for all we know, there are test units in the wild. The same could be said about dual motor configs.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

8/2020 R1T Preorder and have been configured for a Max pack since the configurator opened. Last I heard was "1st half of 2023."

I actually just changed to a Large pack last night. I don't have any new information, but I just don't have confidence Max packs will be delivered in the 1st half of 2023. If any of us hear of any Max pack updates, perhaps I'll switch back, but I'm getting impatient. I just want the truck at this point.

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
I was told by Rivian quarter one 2023 on two separate communications. Personally, I am thinking this time next year.

Trying to be patient

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I wonder what battery tech landscape looks like by the time Max pack is ready to deliver. Lithium sulfur batteries or another long lasting, heat loving battery with higher density may be ready for production.

I know people have been saying this for solid states and other techs for years but I believe now there is more resources going into this than anytime in the past so statistically speaking one of those darts have to hit the bullseye.

If Silverado, F150 gen2 or Cybertruck announces they will have one of those inside (600 mile range, half the weight, twice the payload and twice charging speed), will you still go ahead with your old tech max pack?

BMW is already working on a 600 mile hybrid (two types of batteries) SUV

Last edited:

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
7/19 max pack reservation. Had a guide assigned 2 weeks ago. During the intro call my guide said they are still targeting 1H23 for the max pack. The guide did not have any additional details regarding test mules or when manufacturing would start. If history is any indication, we can all expect deliveries to start closer to June (or be delayed).

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

7/19 max pack reservation. Had a guide assigned 2 weeks ago. During the intro call my guide said they are still targeting 1H23 for the max pack. The guide did not have any additional details regarding test mules or when manufacturing would start. If history is any indication, we can all expect deliveries to start closer to June (or be delayed).
You got a guide 2 weeks ago with a Max pack reservation, but they're still telling you 1st half of 2023? Or did you switch to a Large?

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
You got a guide 2 weeks ago with a Max pack reservation, but they're still telling you 1st half of 2023? Or did you switch to a Large?
I have never changed my configuration. It has always been a max pack. I was surprised when a guide was assigned. Figured it was for my R1S, but it was for the R1T. I think Rivian is changing the way they assign guides. At least for the early pre-order holders.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
There are people who’ve had guides for a year and still not taken delivery.

For unknown reason, rivian is assigning guides independently of their production schedule.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

There are people who’ve had guides for a year and still not taken delivery.

For unknown reason, rivian is assigning guides independently of their production schedule.
I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored