Max Pack Shipping?

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Is the max pack version of the R1T shipping yet?
Sponsored

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

Is the max pack version of the R1T shipping yet?
Not that I'm aware of. In fact, I don't think they are even making Max Pack battery packs yet.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I read a comment that they weren't shipping to customers until fall of this year. That aligns with what my guide asserted to me prior to switching to the Quad Large in March.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

When I had a Max Pack reservation, I created a thread for Max Pack delivery estimates after the 4/2023 update.

Earliest posted estimate was 8/2023. Mine was 10/2023, but I’ve since taken delivery of an R1S.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

You guys feel the max pack is worth the extra $$? To me seems like a lot more for not that much more range. I would think the vast majority of customers would opt for the standard or large packs.

AndyInBV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I had an early preorder for a max pack and finally tired of the delay. On conserve we get something like 330 actual miles of range with 20” AT tires, and after doing some math on the added range we’d probably get per dollar spent, it just didn’t make sense. I thought we’d need it for any kind of extended road trip, but have found that to not be the case.

The ubiquity of DC charging will only continue to increase, so the added cost and weight of the vehicle didn’t make sense to me.

The only use cases I see that justify the cost for me are regular long haul towing or getting way out in the back country for extended periods of time.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the range, particularly after having a Model 3 for a number of years, where I never got more than 250 miles of actual driving range out of it, and often less. I live at about 8000’ of elevation in central Colorado, and can round trip to Denver without needing to charge, even with several thousand feet of climbing on the way home. I used top off the Tesla at least once, sometimes twice on that trip.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We were November, 2018 Rivian depositors. I recall considering the Max Pack, but ultimately deciding that the small amount of additional range was not worth the $10,000 up charge. As the charging infrastructure improves, the Max Pack becomes even less significant. We started with the Explore version which Rivian eventually took off the table. I'm surprised that haven't nixed the Max Pack yet.

We took Factory Delivery of Opal (our R1T) in April of this year. We now have 3,000 miles on her and we are absolutely thrilled. She is our daily driver for both errand and truck duty. So far, she has performed flawlessly.

If an Explore Max Pack ever makes an appearance, I would consider it. Meanwhile, we are enjoying Opal.

Brian

Rivian R1T R1S Max Pack Shipping? DSC_0010.JPG

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

You guys feel the max pack is worth the extra $$? To me seems like a lot more for not that much more range. I would think the vast majority of customers would opt for the standard or large packs.
I've been holding out for the Max Pack for 2+ years and with each incremental change/announcement I question my decision even more. The warranty difference may be the last straw for me. Lots of Quad owners have reported solid range numbers utilizing conserve mode so that probably makes the most sense. I'm very seriously considering changing to a Quad.

Sponsored

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
We were November, 2018 Rivian depositors. I recall considering the Max Pack, but ultimately deciding that the small amount of additional range was not worth the $10,000 up charge. As the charging infrastructure improves, the Max Pack becomes even less significant. We started with the Explore version which Rivian eventually took off the table. I'm surprised that haven't nixed the Max Pack yet.

We took Factory Delivery of Opal (our R1T) in April of this year. We now have 3,000 miles on her and we are absolutely thrilled. She is our daily driver for both errand and truck duty. So far, she has performed flawlessly.

If an Explore Max Pack ever makes an appearance, I would consider it. Meanwhile, we are enjoying Opal.

Brian

DSC_0010.JPG
Same here. Initially was waiting for a Max pack R1T, but took the delivery of a large pack R1T. So far very happy with it. By far the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. Doubt I will ever need more than 320 miles on a single charge.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
I've been holding out for the Max Pack for 2+ years and with each incremental change/announcement I question my decision even more. The warranty difference may be the last straw for me. Lots of Quad owners have reported solid range numbers utilizing conserve mode so that probably makes the most sense. I'm very seriously considering changing to a Quad.
Same. I’ve honestly only held out switching because I don’t need it yet while also waiting for them to iron out small issues I don’t want to deal with. All whilst keeping reduced pricing. Hopefully they don’t boot us remaining preorders out by EOY.

Difference in cost is significant. My preorder dual max is sitting at about $89k. If I take a quad large it’s $76k.

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
I had an early preorder for a max pack and finally tired of the delay. On conserve we get something like 330 actual miles of range with 20” AT tires.
Dang, are you really getting those numbers on 20s? I only changed to 21s because I saw most people reporting numbers closer to 270/280 on conserve.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
We were November, 2018 Rivian depositors. I recall considering the Max Pack, but ultimately deciding that the small amount of additional range was not worth the $10,000 up charge.
Back in 2018 it was a 80-100mile increase for 10k now it is only 40-50 mikes fir the same cost.
Dang, are you really getting those numbers on 20s? I only changed to 21s because I saw most people reporting numbers closer to 270/280 on conserve.
Ii just did a test in conserve (R1S/20") on a familiar RETURN trip to my property which has 10'000ft climb/6500ft loss or 3500ft net gain to/3500' net loss on return & ran it 100% to 6%. Extrapolated to 0% the range would have been 287miles.
I did speed limit on the hills (60mph) & +5% (65mph) on the flats (0-3% grades) Keep in mind this is over a mountain pass and nobody drives to 0% SOC.
If concerned about range stick to the speed limit & get the 21" or 20 & swap out to less aggressive tires.

Epicloop

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The only use cases I see that justify the cost for me are regular long haul towing or getting way out in the back country for extended periods of time.
The towing use case was my reasoning however when halved that scenario now only yield an additional 25-30 miles or 15% gain. Originally it was closer to 50 mikes or 30% improvement when towing.
Hopefully they don’t boot us remaining preorders out by EOY.
Max pre-holder used to account for 20% of pre March R1T orders but reading these threads I wonder if it is now less than 10% as many have given up waiting. Hopefully there is enough newer max orders to justify, it does sound like they are working on a more energy dense pack. The 180kw pack was just not feasible from many standpoints the primary one being cost. Why they claimed the max would come out first baffles me, clearly they did not have that figured out.
Sponsored

Last edited: