First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
There are 8 states with all mail in voting - where they automatically send you a ballot for each election. There is absolutely no evidence of higher rates of voter fraud in these places, and many of them have the highest voter turnout in the nation. There are also multiple ways they make those elections secure.

I live in CO and I absolutely love the way they handle it. I get notified when my ballot is mailed, and again when they receive it. They also verify signatures. It is virtually impossible to cheat this process, and when someone tries they always catch them.
Sponsored

Spiffster

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 (Sold), Ford Fusion Energi
My $0.02: I am not going to stand in a line to vote. Colorado has had VBM for as long as I can remember and we are a purple state. My vote was usually pretty split between parties until 2016. The security of our system has never been questioned until recently. Furthermore you need to register for VBM at a DMV and signature on the ballot is verified. I have seen even our process misrepresented and outright lied about. Colorado is a model of election efficiency and security. Anyone who tries to take away my right to vote by mail... lets just say, I will vote (by mail) accordingly to prevent that.

In regards to the tax credit, I wouldnt leave it on the table but I advocate for Elon's idea for everyone to going to zero. Seems like that comment shuts up EV subsidy critics (like Robert Murray) in a hurry. Reminds me of a proposed bill in Colorado to end the tax breaks for big oil in the state, the ads that industry ran 24/7 were basically outright threats to raise gas prices. Sadly the threats worked, and that bill was shot down, bigtime. Heaven forbid we pay actual costs at the pump. You eliminate tax breaks for that industry and EVs will have no problems selling without a credit.

Last edited:

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

There are 8 states with all mail in voting - where they automatically send you a ballot for each election. There is absolutely no evidence of higher rates of voter fraud in these places, and many of them have the highest voter turnout in the nation. There are also multiple ways they make those elections secure.

I live in CO and I absolutely love the way they handle it. I get notified when my ballot is mailed, and again when they receive it. They also verify signatures. It is virtually impossible to cheat this process, and when someone tries they always catch them.
Sounds like Colorado has a good system. Illinois does not. My parents received 2 copies of the ballot. In theory they could have voted 2x. People that don't know better might actually do that. I also wouldn't be surprised if people did mail in and thrn voted in person. Like everyone said, it isn't a wide spread issue, but there are people out there who would do it not knowing it was wrong.

It is also trusting USPS to deliver ballots, which around Chicago is a hit or miss. Mail delivery in some Chicago neighborhoods is awful.

My parents town has had so many issues with USPS. Workers stealing credit cards and just not delivering mail. Like discarded bins of undelivered mail. They had to remove the post office drop boxes for mail because people kept stealing the mail out of them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.