Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm ambivalent about the tax credit. I've already taken three $7500 credits in the last four years.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I am not counting on anything at this point. And I have to admit, I could be disappointed if my 2022 Q4 delivery slips to 2023 Q1 and the rules change (price caps/amount/income thresholds). I know a lot of people think that those things shouldn't matter, if you can afford the truck you can afford it without incentives, and while they may not be entirely wrong, the most I would normally spend on a vehicle these days (well pre-covid, when ADM wasn't normal) is around $60k, and the incentives do bring it closer to what I would want to spend, especially considering the "value" that Rivian provides.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I am not counting on anything at this point. And I have to admit, I could be disappointed if my 2022 Q4 delivery slips to 2023 Q1 and the rules change (price caps/amount/income thresholds). I know a lot of people think that those things shouldn't matter, if you can afford the truck you can afford it without incentives, and while they may not be entirely wrong, the most I would normally spend on a vehicle these days (well pre-covid, when ADM wasn't normal) is around $60k, and the incentives do bring it closer to what I would want to spend, especially considering the "value" that Rivian provides.
Interesting. My general read from reviewers and others looking to buy is that we're getting quite a bit of value for $70-80k in terms of features and performance when compared to other vehicles.

Of course, this only pencils out if you actually value those features.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Interesting. My general read from reviewers and others looking to buy is that we're getting quite a bit of value for $70-80k in terms of features and performance when compared to other vehicles.

Of course, this only pencils out if you actually value those features.
I do think Rivian is a good value. Whether something a a good value and affordable can be two different things. I was just saying I normally wouldn't be looking at things in the Rivians MSRP price range as everyday cars, for my commuter car. The incentive brings it closer to the price range I would normally consider.

Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I do think Rivian is a good value. Whether something a a good value and affordable can be two different things. I was just saying I normally wouldn't be looking at things in the Rivians MSRP price range as everyday cars, for my commuter car. The incentive brings it closer to the price range I would normally consider.
Agreed and same.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

We don't negotiate with financial terrorists

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I never count on any rebate or credit when making vehicle purchases. I think the rules will be changing frequently over the next few years. I consider whatever I get at the end of the year a bonus. These cars are already priced competitively for the market.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Based on the comments from last night, it sounds to me like an improved tax credit became more likely in '22. The energy specific portions of the BBB sound like the most likely to pass as one bill based on the President's comments.

Best case for Rivian is that they decide not to try and use reconciliation on it and therefore have to scrap the union based language. If they replace Union based with US manufacture, that's an extra $5k for Rivian.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Based on the comments from last night, it sounds to me like an improved tax credit became more likely in '22. The energy specific portions of the BBB sound like the most likely to pass as one bill based on the President's comments.

Best case for Rivian is that they decide not to try and use reconciliation on it and therefore have to scrap the union based language. If they replace Union based with US manufacture, that's an extra $5k for Rivian.

It doesn’t matter if the bill has the pro union language in there or not. Republican’s won’t vote for it at all. Reconciliation is the only way they get it passed.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

It doesn’t matter if the bill has the pro union language in there or not. Republican’s won’t vote for it at all. Reconciliation is the only way they get it passed.
Fortunately in terms of not furthering the inflation rampage it won't...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.