Sponsored

OP
OP

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Does anyone have figures on different levels of trim and there prices?
There are going to be two basic passenger configurations: a 5-passenger version with rear bench seats and a 4-passenger version with rear seats that recline to 55 degrees and a rear center console. (The recliner version is aimed more at the Asian market and won't be produced for a while.)

The launch "Dream Edition" will have a glass canopy, with a metal roof version to come later.

Beyond that, more details will be released on September 9. The Lucid Air is aimed not at Tesla but at the long-wheelbase Mercedes S Class, the BMW 7 Series, and the Audi A8. While the Lucid interior is sleek and modern, Lucid is claiming the quality of the materials and switchgear will be on a par with those cars. (Whether the material quality will be the same for the less-expensive version to come later is not clear.)

Here are the interior and exterior dimensions of the Lucid Air compared to German rivals:

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Motors SUV Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 9.17.32 AM

Lucid is billing the car as the interior of a long-wheelbase S-Class fit into the body shell of an E-Class MB.

OP
OP

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Damn I wish Rivian had more teaser videos. Making me wanna look into lucid a little more now.
Lucid has been very sparse with the information until just recently. They're now ramping up the communications ahead of opening their configurator next week to order cars that will go into production at the end of December or early January.

I suspect Rivian will begin a similar ramp-up of teasers when it gets into the same time frame relative to its start of production.

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
I live in Sonoma, and I swore I saw a Lucid Air driving through recently, but I only caught the back of the vehicle in the distance, and it looked dark blue. I find it unlikely it was the vehicle used at the track, which I would imagine they brought there in/on a trailer of some type, but Sonoma Raceway isn't far from me at all.

I haven't really been following them too closely. Are there a lot of mules out in the wild?

OP
OP

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven't really been following them too closely. Are there a lot of mules out in the wild?
Lucid was planning on building 80 beta test cars. They got just over 40 built before Covid-19 put their beta program on hold. They resumed building the test fleet a few weeks ago but, as they're not holding up their main production schedule, they might be completing beta testing with something short of 80 cars. I'm not sure just how many ended up on the roads.

The cars were built in Lucid's Newark, CA headquarters. They received license from California in February to put the cars on public roads. The beta fleet has been in convoy range tests in the greater San Francisco area and cars have been tested as far afield as Los Angeles, Arizona, and Minnesota (and probably more places of which I'm not aware).

If you're near the Raceway I wouldn't be at all surprised if you saw an Air on the road. The cars have been spotted at restaurants, motels, and other places someone doing long-range road testing might haunt.

Here is some of the beta fleet parked during the Covid-19 shutdown. There are some dark blue ones in the mix:

Rivian R1T R1S Lucid Motors SUV Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 4.17.49 PM

Last edited:

Sponsored

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
Here is some of the beta fleet parked during the Covid-19 shutdown. There are some dark blue ones in the mix:
Yep, I feel pretty confident that's what I saw. I'll keep my eyes peeled moving forward (not that I'm driving much these days..)

Thanks!

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
On the Same Topic of "OTHER" SUVs Jeep looks like it got some styling cues on their New Grand Wagoneer from Rivian

1599141756428.png
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the new Wagoneer.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I was thinking more Lincoln Aviator.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
The boxiness is more Kia Telluride and new Jeep Wagoneer, to my eye, but the windows and correspondingly the beltline of both are larger and lower than the R1S.

The R1S windows are a tad small for my taste, but they do preserve a smooth horizontal flow from the front to rear. In the Telluride, Aviator and Wagoneer, larger windows creates a disjointed flow from front to rear as the hood and tailgate lines are raised relative to the cabin windows.

Sponsored

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the new Wagoneer.
And this from the description on their website:

“Plus, the Grand Wagoneer concept features a no-compromise plug-in hybrid electric vehicle powertrain system, following through with our plans to offer electrification options on all models in the next few years.”

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I am most intrigued by the GW's McIntosh audio system.
Sponsored