Lucid Investor Presentation

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I know the Lucid Air isn't really a direct competitor, but Lucid announced their plans to go public a couple hours ago, and along with that, released their investor presentation. If anyone wants to drool over pictures of the Air, most of these slides are more about branding and features than financials:
https://www.lucidmotors.com/files/lucid-investor-deck-february-2021.pdf
Sponsored

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
It is very interesting.

They show the Rivian as being inefficient at about 450 Wh/mi.
The only published info they would have is the 300 mile range and the original 135kWh battery pack, so it looks like they just used that.

It makes sense that the Rivian would be at the bottom of that chart - aerodynamics of a pickup truck and all...

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
The only published info they would have is the 300 mile range and the original 135kWh battery pack, so it looks like they just used that.

It makes sense that the Rivian would be at the bottom of that chart - aerodynamics of a pickup truck and all...
It just surprised me that they would even position themselves against Rivian. Their presentation was well done and impressive. I see the value in their positioning as a Post Luxury as my family loves our Xs, but they are not Luxury. I am hopeful that the Rivian, even as an adventure vehicle, is more luxurious than the X.

I expect the Rivian to come in at about 425 Wh/mi. I just hope it is a realistic 425 and not a "Tesla" 425 that is achievable in the test chamber but nearly impossible to achieve in the real world.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Massive doc. Did they commit to a merger date anywhere. That's the time to watch a SPAC. They tend to get dumped on hard either just before or after their mergers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Massive doc. Did they commit to a merger date anywhere. That's the time to watch a SPAC. They tend to get dumped on hard either just before or after their mergers.
Nothing too specific, I think it was just Q2.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I have some shares in the SPAC (CCIV) it dumped hard yesterday in the after hours. This happened right after the merger was confirmed. Guess I'm holding this one long term now.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
A couple follow up videos from Lucid:
7 minutes, glamour shots of the Air:

Just over an hour, walk through of the investor presentation:

The only comment on delivery schedule was Michael Klein saying the release of the Dream Edition was critical to the brand, and they didn't want to release it until it was completely ready, and Peter Rawlinson saying they weren't going to start production until quality was perfect. In other words, fluff.

Peter Rawlinson referred to 400V charging infrastructure as quickly becoming obsolete. I hope Rivian heard that.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I know the Lucid Air isn't really a direct competitor, but Lucid announced their plans to go public a couple hours ago, and along with that, released their investor presentation. If anyone wants to drool over pictures of the Air, most of these slides are more about branding and features than financials:
https://www.lucidmotors.com/files/lucid-investor-deck-february-2021.pdf
Just noticed they have an ex-Rivian employee, Michael Bell, on their ranks as SVP of Digital. Almost forgot that Rivian has been around for more than a decade now.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Just noticed they have an ex-Rivian employee, Michael Bell, on their ranks as SVP of Digital. Almost forgot that Rivian has been around for more than a decade now.
Wow, that's really interesting. Long time Apple guy that had a pretty short stint at Rivian as CTO...

I was guessing there was either a culture, personality, or strategy clash, and was surprised to see him go so soon. Seemed like a good hire.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Wow, that's really interesting. Long time Apple guy that had a pretty short stint at Rivian as CTO...

I was guessing there was either a culture, personality, or strategy clash, and was surprised to see him go so soon. Seemed like a good hire.
No CarPlay = I'll be moving on now?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They put out this video last week:
I did see that video and wasnt sure if that is a production run/pre-prod etc. I dont think they have any EPA ratings yet or crash ratings yet officially published though I know it was in the works at least last year.

I think both Rivian and Lucid might be in the same position in terms of production and cars its just Rivian is playing close to the heart but Lucid has the potential to over promise and under deliver.
Sponsored