Sponsored

Looking to purchase your Launch Edition

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I have a reservation, but I was late to the party and couldn't get a Launch Edition. My fav color is LE Green, but alas that isn't an option for me.

Anyway... if anyone with a LE reservation is thinking of cancelling, or waiting for a later model, send me a message and maybe we can work something out.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I wonder how Rivian feels about something like this. Obviously you can't transfer the preorder slot but is it a-okay to buy then immediately flip a Rivian?

Obviously the first buyer would get the tax credit which further complicates things. If both parties are in a state with sales tax that's also a big hurdle.
Taxes can be problematic, as well. Plus it's not going to be a "one-owner" vehicle.

I don't like the practice, personally.

I would definitely get Launch Green, if I could... But it's not worth the downsides imo.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Someone posted literature from Rivian that said the purchase does not have to be in the original reservation's holder's name. That the holder could purchase the vehicle in another person or companies name. So I feel like there are some options other than buying and flipping. Whether that is trying to transfer the reservation, or just facilitating buying the truck with someone else.

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
Wow, this could start a bidding war. I would also be down to pay up for an early res

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Add me to the list too. I’d be happy to either pick up somebody’s existing slot or trade my Sep 21 R1T slot.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

When the TRX came out the dealers were selling them $50,000 over sticker. Would consider that to give up my place in line and wait. Anything less for the first real EV trucks to come out would be dumb.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I was asking myself how much I would sell my place in line for (very early 2018 preorder). $10k? no $20k? no $30k? maybe I would start considering it. but probably not.
No doubt, this thread is not for most. More for someone whom for whatever reason can no longer move forward with their reservation.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
I checked with Rivian about this. As of right now you can effectively transfer a preorder by changing your account info to someone else and it will not affect your place in line. At least according to customer service.

So if anyone wants to sell their LE or early preorder R1S slot.. let me know. Happy to Venmo today if it gets me an R1S LE or 2018/early 2019 preorder.
Interesting. How exactly would this work? Log into your Rivian account, change your contact details to the person you are swapping with, then have them do the same on their account after you are done???

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I mean I’m sure you could probably get somebody to sell their truck once they receive it, but you’re going to definitely pay a large premium. I personally wouldn’t do that, I would just put in an order now and know that I’m gonna be waiting another year or two.

Have you looked at alternatives like the GMC Hummer EV, or Ford F-150 Lightning?

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Anyone ordering a Rivian or F150 Lightning today or recently is going to be waiting at least 18 months to get a vehicle IMO.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Considering selling my preorder, oct 2019 slot LE. Not sure what it’s worth, pm me if interested, I’m thinking of just grabbing a model 3 instead of waiting.

Rivian R1T R1S Looking to purchase your Launch Edition 5921F152-7126-4EB8-B996-8640BB891C20

Rivian R1T R1S Looking to purchase your Launch Edition D017B6AC-3BFD-48F7-B0E6-D7869BEE1BF8

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Day One (11/26/18) pre-order for R1T...what is the going rate for the spot?

Cannot believe it has been 3 years!!!
Sponsored