Sponsored

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
Limestone near the lighthouse with 21s another near Lowman Beach with crossbars. Saw a black one near PCC
Ha, I was trying to keep their anonymity, but I suppose these are public areas. There's a blue around North Admiral and at least 1, if not 2 ECGs lurking around maybe westwood or by marine view. There's also an LG somewhere.

Part of me thinks I'll never get mine because West Seattle already has too many.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Lucky me!
Thought I knew everything about the vehicle ahead of time.
The one surprise that I wasn't aware of is the DC outlet under the dash directy below center screen facing down.
i hear they are going to remove the one under the dash as well. and dont forget they reduced the magnets for the folding floor in the frunk from two to one. i can see thats the case for your build in the picture. people have posted its a hack job because it obviously was intended to have two magnets.

they are obviously trying to cut costs. maybe its also partly based on usage (or lack thereof) small things but good to know nonetheless.

makes you wonder what costs/parts they are cutting "under the hood".

nelsonair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper SE
SC texted me on Monday with 3 different time options for home dleivery. No mention of going there
Weird. i never had the option for meeting at my home. Also interesting, we’re meeting in the coffee shop across the street because in WA state Rivian can‘t complete delivery at the SC. Probably in deference to the dealer franchise lobby.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I would assume they are always looking at data from their connected vehicles which showed that the outlet was being used 2% of the time by 1% of customers.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I would assume they are always looking at data from their connected vehicles which showed that the outlet was being used 2% of the time by 1% of customers.
Yet Sand mode is a thing.

Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
While the general concept may make sense, this would also mean that they should get rid of the wireless chargers (this wouldn't bother me) and the under dash 12V plug (this would be an issue if trying to have a charging cell phone mount).

I speculate they probably looked at the the size of the frunk and justified the removal by thinking that most DC fridges won't fit in it...

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

While the general concept may make sense, this would also mean that they should get rid of the wireless chargers (this wouldn't bother me) and the under dash 12V plug (this would be an issue if trying to have a charging cell phone mount).

I speculate they probably looked at the the size of the frunk and justified the removal by thinking that most DC fridges won't fit in it...
There was chatter dometic was working with rivian on cooler, the biggest issue having it in the frunk is the lack of air flow for a powered coolers condenser to get rid of waste heat.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
While the general concept may make sense, this would also mean that they should get rid of ...the under dash 12V plug (this would be an issue if trying to have a charging cell phone mount).
dleewla in post #62 above states that he has heard Rivian is working on doing just that.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I talked with my Guide about it today. He said there weren’t very many customers using the 12 volt, so they took it out.

i am not sure how they could come to that conclusion with maybe 10% of the preorders fulfilled. Oh well.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I talked with my Guide about it today. He said there weren’t very many customers using the 12 volt, so they took it out.

i am not sure how they could come to that conclusion with maybe 10% of the preorders fulfilled. Oh well.
Honestly I am not sure how they could know, seems like an excuse to me. Every manufacturer could say the same for 12V outlets but all cars have them.

Ive definitely used that port and I have seen other Rivian owners using it. I have also used the one under the dash many times. So while no one is likely using it everytime they drive their truck it’s a convenience that Rivian has decided to remove for no good reason other than to save a few bucks. Kinda a disappointing decision but at least my truck has them I guess.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I could easily do Ocean Coast but going to stick with Forest Edge....ahhhhhhhh!

Jeeves

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette C8, Tesla Model Y, Acura MDX
Occupation
Management Consultant
The whole purchase process went much faster than expected and was pain free. Was in the Nov/Dec window so wasn't expecting the vehicle this soon.

No complaints with my guide just didn't really use him since he didn't have any useful info. Bellevue SC contacted me on Monday via text for delivery times.

Huge kuddos to Alan who made the delivery!! Already knew him from test drive in March. Super helpful and went thru everything and answered 100s of questions. Never made me feel like he was rushed. Spent about 90 minutes until I told him he could go so I could drive! super relieved that the vehicle is in perfect shape. Didn't see any issues with anything and I kinda thought I knew what to look for thanks to you all in the forum.

The only unexpected item is they have eliminated the DC power outlet in the frunk.

west.jpeg
south.jpeg
Ocean Coast.jpg
Congrats - I love the interior. I’m partial to limestone as well. Great build!

Ivman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Y Performance, 2016 Ram Rebel, R1T
Clubs

This angers me quiet a bit. It's a minor thing, but something that I really hated about tesla as well. Removing things from vehicles without telling people proactively is a horrible practice. This thread prompted me to go check, and yep, my 12v gone too, with a single magnet with clear spots where the two used to be. I get it, they aren't making money on these, but it still frustrates me.

These two are minor, thankfully, but what else will they remove? What else have they changed that we can't see / notice that made the vehicle more attractive? Feels like all the Munroe videos are obsolete most likely now.

Architeuthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 SR+ & Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi
Took delivery in Bellevue today. Also Limestone on 22” brights and also delivered by Alan. FWIW, ours is a high 10k VIN and does have the 12v in the frunk and hidden under the center dash.
Sponsored