First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Porsche Cayenne Manual
Occupation
Sales
I had my R1T delivered yesterday and I just ran out to check. No 12V. VIN is 123xx. Not a big deal for me, but I do find it a little strange.
Sponsored

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
West Seattle now has at least 5 R1Ts, this being the 2nd Limestone on the (now former) island. At this point we can have our own meetup.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

This really doesn't make any sense. Why would they go through the process of redesigning the frunk to take away the 12V outlet?

Isn't this taking away the option of putting a fridge in there?
It strikes me as odd, too! I could see them putting a filler piece in there to take the place of the removed outlet while allowing people to buy an accessory 12v outlet from Rivian in the future. This new frunk tub has no provision for adding an outlet that I can see. Unless they are keeping dedicated wiring there for the 12v outlet with plans for a redesigned frunk light or something. With LEDs I could see a frunk light that is half the size with the other side being a 12v outlet that connects to a dedicated high amperage circuit.

On the other hand, I seem to recall reading about summer heat build-up in the frunk and this could be Rivianā€™s way of saving money on 12v outlets while reducing owner complaints about the frunk being too hot for a cooler or fridge. Win/win?

nelsonair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper SE
The whole purchase process went much faster than expected and was pain free. Was in the Nov/Dec window so wasn't expecting the vehicle this soon.

No complaints with my guide just didn't really use him since he didn't have any useful info. Bellevue SC contacted me on Monday via text for delivery times.

Huge kuddos to Alan who made the delivery!! Already knew him from test drive in March. Super helpful and went thru everything and answered 100s of questions. Never made me feel like he was rushed. Spent about 90 minutes until I told him he could go so I could drive! super relieved that the vehicle is in perfect shape. Didn't see any issues with anything and I kinda thought I knew what to look for thanks to you all in the forum.

The only unexpected item is they have eliminated the DC power outlet in the frunk.

west.jpeg
south.jpeg
Southeast.jpeg
east.jpeg
Ocean Coast.jpg
Iā€™m curious. Iā€™ve been asked to go to Bellevue to complete the delivery process on Monday, but my profile shows ā€œhome deliveryā€. Did you go to the SC at all or was everything taken care of at your home?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

If they were going to redesign the frunk they should have added power outlets ac 120v to go with the 12V this makes no sense. Also they should have added some tie downs and hooks I'm already trying to figure out what to do with my fridge that keeps sliding around in there.

Sponsored

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
The whole purchase process went much faster than expected and was pain free. Was in the Nov/Dec window so wasn't expecting the vehicle this soon.

No complaints with my guide just didn't really use him since he didn't have any useful info. Bellevue SC contacted me on Monday via text for delivery times.

Huge kuddos to Alan who made the delivery!! Already knew him from test drive in March. Super helpful and went thru everything and answered 100s of questions. Never made me feel like he was rushed. Spent about 90 minutes until I told him he could go so I could drive! super relieved that the vehicle is in perfect shape. Didn't see any issues with anything and I kinda thought I knew what to look for thanks to you all in the forum.

The only unexpected item is they have eliminated the DC power outlet in the frunk.

west.jpeg
south.jpeg
Southeast.jpeg
east.jpeg
Ocean Coast.jpg
Just locked down this same Limestone/OC configuration out of the shop this afternoon.. your photos helped convince me to buy it. Thanks for sharing!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Just chiming in to agree that dropping the 12v in the frunk is both unfortunate and very irritating.

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
West Seattle now has at least 5 R1Ts, this being the 2nd Limestone on the (now former) island. At this point we can have our own meetup.
Limestone near the lighthouse with 21s another near Lowman Beach with crossbars. Saw a black one near PCC

Sponsored

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Odd that they eliminated it. I have a 20 ft. 12V extension cord for inflatables, ballast pump, etc. on my boat. Just get one and use rear 12V, problem solved (or just back truck in for your purposes). Next??

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Iā€™m curious. Iā€™ve been asked to go to Bellevue to complete the delivery process on Monday, but my profile shows ā€œhome deliveryā€. Did you go to the SC at all or was everything taken care of at your home?
SC texted me on Monday with 3 different time options for home dleivery. No mention of going there

Timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 cummins | 1994 FZJ80 | 2021 Bolt
Beautiful truck. I'm on deck for a Launch green with OC from the shop but had previously changed my order to this exact spec!

Do you know if your truck has the improved tonneau? When I did my test drive I was told that later vins were shipping with a new dual motor configuration.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This really doesn't make any sense. Why would they go through the process of redesigning the frunk to take away the 12V outlet?

Isn't this taking away the option of putting a fridge in there?
Cost, itā€™s always cost.

this change is probably about 10 minutes in CAD/PLM, and however long changing out a section of a mold for the tub takes.

Iā€™d be very, very surprised if the wiring for the socket was still there.
wiring harnesses in moder vehicles are built down to the millimetre. Gone are the days of a harness having connectors for options that werenā€™t installed.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5