Leasing - due at signing?

ry95

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
We're looking to lease an R1T in California, including the new Electric Upgrade Offer, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the due at signing works. Using the online calculator and assuming a $0 down payment, the due at signing shows around $1,700 excluding taxes and fees. Some have posted these can amount to $2k, putting the due at signing at $3,700 or so.

Does anyone know if the Electric Upgrade Offer incentive can be used in part towards the due at signing amount? Can any of it be rolled into the lease?
Sponsored

Deleted member 19871

I pickup my R1T tomorrow morning. I received the actual contract fine print today, rather late evening about 7pm, so real 11th hour bullsh!t.
I’m not in California, but push your “Sherpa” to get you full lease details, all numbers and the lease games buried in it before you finalize.
The “incentive/gov money is applied way before your share of “down payment” and taxes and fees.
In addition the lease will bonus you with an end of lease “fee” if you don’t buy the vehicle at the end of your lease term. Also the “1st month payment” game. They make you pay your 1st month payment in your closing costs, then surprise! Your 1st payment is due the day before you pickup the R1T, real classy move Rivian 🙄
So then, yes 30 days after you picked it up, your 2nd 1st payment is due.
Real sh!tty that this isn’t disclosed in the bait and stick promotional lease price games on the website.
It’s not the $495 at all nd of lease for not buying the R1T, and it’s not the extra “payment”.
It’s the underhanded Bullsh!t of not telling me upfront. The lack of full disclosure is just sh!tty business practices.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I pickup my R1T tomorrow morning. I received the actual contract fine print today, rather late evening about 7pm, so real 11th hour bullsh!t.
I’m not in California, but push your “Sherpa” to get you full lease details, all numbers and the lease games buried in it before you finalize.
The “incentive/gov money is applied way before your share of “down payment” and taxes and fees.
In addition the lease will bonus you with an end of lease “fee” if you don’t buy the vehicle at the end of your lease term. Also the “1st month payment” game. They make you pay your 1st month payment in your closing costs, then surprise! Your 1st payment is due the day before you pickup the R1T, real classy move Rivian 🙄
So then, yes 30 days after you picked it up, your 2nd 1st payment is due.
Real sh!tty that this isn’t disclosed in the bait and stick promotional lease price games on the website.
It’s not the $495 at all nd of lease for not buying the R1T, and it’s not the extra “payment”.
It’s the underhanded Bullsh!t of not telling me upfront. The lack of full disclosure is just sh!tty business practices.
Tell me you have never leased before without telling me you have never leased before..

Seriously dude clean up your 'sh!tty' commentary so we can understand what you didn't understand...

Deleted member 19871

As obvious as I stated, it’s not disclosed up front. Apparently you can’t read.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

As obvious as I stated, it’s not disclosed up front. Apparently you can’t read.

You mean like you can't read the fine print... lol and for the record nothing you stated above was obvious.

From the Rivian home page:

$7,454 DUE AT SIGNING. Cash due at signing includes $6,000 capitalized cost reduction (includes $1,000 deposit), $559 first monthly payment, $895 acquisition fee, and $0 security deposit. Tax, title, license, registration, and lessor documentation fees are additional fees due at signing. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Offer includes upfront capitalized cost reduction of $7,500 provided by the lessor. Vehicle availability is limited, and lease offer is contingent on vehicle availability. End of lease charges include: excess vehicle wear, 30 cents per mile for excess mileage, and $495 disposition fee. Lease offer is only available in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NY, NV, OH, OR, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, VT, WA. All offers are subject to credit approval, vehicle availability, priority for delivery, and are subject to change at any time.

Or on the lease calculator that says as much

Rivian R1T R1S Leasing - due at signing? Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 8.52.44 PM

Sponsored

Deleted member 19871

Awesome, thanks self-appointed moderator man.
Maybe you could have replied to ry95 hours ago when he posted for input, it’s only been unanswered all day.
But thanks for jumping in when you didn’t like my comment about the experience, and laying in your Assumptions.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Maybe you could have replied to ry95 hours ago when he posted for input, it’s only been unanswered all day.
But thanks for jumping in when you didn’t like my comment about the experience, and laying in your Assumptions.
Man you keep digging deeper... is there gold down there???

I didn't answer OPs question because I don't know the answer, he is asking about a specific trade in promotion that was just announced. I doubt anyone knows the answer outside Rivian.

Of course he (unlike you) was able to read the fine print and was asking a very specific question rather than giving us a 'sh!tty rant' that still doesn't make any sense. If anything you are distracting from his unanswered question with your unrelated 'sh!tty rant'

No one is trying to rip you off and no one is going to give you a free meal... enjoy the rest of your life.

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

If you put $0 down with no program its about $3,500 due at signing in CA. My understanding is the $5k extra is a cap cost reduction so you would still owe money at signing. I have not seen anyone post that they can roll due at signing items into lease for a sign and drive.

Zeusy Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Don’t take stuff personal on here or really anywhere online people are going to troll and flame regardless. It sucks you feel they shafted you with hidden fees but definitely next time make sure you ask and understand it all beforehand.
Sponsored