First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
As people have said both photos are accurate as the color shifts in the different light conditions. I had always planned on getting ElCap but when I saw LG with the black wheels I switched, could not be happier. I have also had way more comments on the color of the R1S than any other car I have had.

I highly recommend it, here are some samples of mine in different lighting.

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_9834
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_9829
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_8862
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_8834
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_8571

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_8563

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

If you wash your car often, and want something sparkly/shiny/glossy, this color may not be for you.

But if you think big vehicles don't have to be shiny (putty-like colors seem to be more common these days), go off-road a lot, or you don't wash your vehicle often, this could be a good color.

I got mine in early June 2023. The first time I washed it was two month later in early August, after my wife returned from a camping trip. The second time I washed it was...yesterday, after more than 7 months. And while it obviously looks better clean, it doesn't look that different. It's not transformative, as was washing my wife's car two days ago for the first time in 3.5 months. Her car (a dark metallic red) looks very different clean and dirty.

I agree with the comments above about how the color changes depending on the light. But note that I call mine "Olive", because her coloring is like a green olive that you might find decorating a martini. (Actually her full name is Olive Oilless, but we only call her that when she is in trouble). I don't consider "army green" to be very different than "olive green"; I'd say that army green just has a little brown in it.

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
Yes hides dirt well which I love

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
I think of it as army green but with a gloss finish. My guide's personal vehicle was a launch green R1T. He actually told me to look for an army green R1T when picking me up for a short trip to the Costa Mesa service center from the SNA airport.

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
FG over LG all day.

OP
OP

biker1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
As people have said both photos are accurate as the color shifts in the different light conditions. I had always planned on getting ElCap but when I saw LG with the black wheels I switched, could not be happier. I have also had way more comments on the color of the R1S than any other car I have had.

I highly recommend it, here are some samples of mine in different lighting.

IMG_8563.jpeg
Lots of great pics in your post and the whole thread but this one is really sick. I'm probably a go if the deal works out, thanks everyone.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Both A and B. Folks routinely asked me if I got a new truck or got it painted in the first year, it has about 3-4 shades depending on the light. Army, Olive, avocado (ashy outside), almost-forest green... It's very dynamic and why I love it. A true chameleon 🦎

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions 1000009215

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Most of the time, it'll look like B, IMO. It looks very "Army Green" in pictures, but less "drab" in person. There is some sparkle to the color when you're close up, so it's not a straight...um....what's that trend called with the non-metallic colors? Anyway, it isn't dull or without character; it has more depth and luster than many pictures give it credit for. It wasn't our first choice (FG was), but having seen both IRL, we love the LG. @SANZC02 's pics really do a good job of capturing it, but I'm not so vain as to refrain from adding my own:
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_3892
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_3397

Also, yeah, it's the best (and fastest) color.

Edit: to be clear, those pics are of the same R1S

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Most of the time, it'll look like B, IMO. It looks very "Army Green" in pictures, but less "drab" in person. There is some sparkle to the color when you're close up, so it's not a straight...um....what's that trend called with the non-metallic colors? Anyway, it isn't dull or without character; it has more depth and luster than many pictures give it credit for. It wasn't our first choice (FG was), but having seen both IRL, we love the LG. @SANZC02 's pics really do a good job of capturing it, but I'm not so vain as to refrain from adding my own:
IMG_3892.jpg
IMG_3397.jpg

Also, yeah, it's the best (and fastest) color.

Edit: to be clear, those pics are of the same R1S
Love the color extremes, very overcast or sunny days truly shift it.

Nice plate, too!
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions 1000009220

Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Love the color extremes, very overcast or sunny days truly shift it.

Nice plate, too!
1000009220.gif
I was trying to find my pictures showing the same but he beat me to it.

Don’t be too impressed by a bronze star plate though. Those things were handed out like candy as participation trophies for close to 20 years. If it doesn’t have a V it doesn’t mean much.

ath2001

First Name
Anand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Management Consulting
Nov 2022 - Launch Green. I do agree that lighting changes the color depth

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green questions IMG_0060

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
When I picked up my Limestone, I mentioned I had a chance to get LG. The service center said you should have, they will (presumably) not make that color again. I do not regret LS but sometimes I wish I had the LG.

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

Don’t be too impressed by a bronze star plate though. Those things were handed out like candy as participation trophies for close to 20 years. If it doesn’t have a V it doesn’t mean much.
It does to the cops!

Seriously though, unfortunately, you're [I'd say partially] right. Plenty of folks got chest candy and plenty of folks got one for combat actions that didn't support a V through shenanigans in a single incident (or were downgraded for BS reasons). You're right to avoid assumptions of grandiosity (or assumptions of POG-osity) with any meritorious ones (and most military decorations in general) and that a V is generally a differentiator.