Sponsored

Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

If you watch this video, it looks like launch green with decals on it.
That is most certainly a full wrap, as you can see the seams on the door handles when they zoom in. It would be far too complicated to do that pattern with individual decals.
Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That is most certainly a full wrap, as you can see the seams on the door handles when they zoom in. It would be far too complicated to do that pattern with individual decals.
But is it a full wrap that is mostly transparent revealing the Launch Green color underneath? The zoom in on the door handle appears to show the wrap is transparent.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

But is it a full wrap that is mostly transparent revealing the Launch Green color underneath? The zoom in on the door handle appears to show the wrap is transparent.
The color underneath is probably the primer color shown in the video of the factory building prototypes. Close to Launch Green, but supposedly not the same.

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
I've been a Rivian Blue guy myself but this has to be Launch Green. If it is, I'm switching my reservation.

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! IMG_1868.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! IMG_1869.JPG

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've been a Rivian Blue guy myself but this has to be Launch Green. If it is, I'm switching my reservation.
Sorry to disappoint, but it's Forest Green as spelled out in the thread dedicated to this appearance.

Sponsored

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
Sorry to disappoint, but it's Forest Green as spelled out in the thread dedicated to this appearance.
Just found that thread....what a bummer. It looks so dark compared to the forest green they put on stage.

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

It was an overcast day.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
The configurator photos clearly show bright yellow break calipers front and rear. These are not seen in the production photo above. Have they changed the front calipers as well? all these little details are disappointing. I'm going to need finalized spec's of exactly what I have reserved soon, it materially affects possible preorder reservations of other EV's if Rivian continues to dilute their product. Not happy with this or the cheap garbage netting for door storage from the other thread. I plan on speaking to CS as soon as I have time.:angry:

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
The configurator photos clearly show bright yellow break calipers front and rear. These are not seen in the production photo above.
Take a breath. There may be a reasonable explanation. First, not sure what designates these as "production" vehicles as Rivian won't be in production mode until June, possibly May at the earliest. Maybe these pics are of R1Ts allocated for crash tests, and if so, no need to "bling" them out.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It does appear the front calipers are yellow, and I agree with the sentiment above... don't stress about what they're doing leading up to the actual vehicles that will be delivered to customers. Could easily be a cost or timing/delivery issue for test vehicles.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I still don't believe those greenish-brown R1T's on the line are painted Launch Green. Or at least not the final production version of it. Its a primer coating.

Once L.G. is revealed in living color and if that's truly it..... :puke: I'll be switchin to Forest Green in a heartbeat! ?
Sponsored