Sponsored

Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please!

FLYNPCH

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 488, Porsche Taycan, Mercedes G Wagon, Corvette C8, Morgan 3 Wheeler
Occupation
CEO
Does it have to be a secret? Could we please get a few images of the Launch Green.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Does it have to be a secret? Could we please get a few images of the Launch Green.
We needs pics of ALL the new colors.

DBO

First Name
Dafydd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
Hereā€™s one. Wish they took it in better light, but itā€™s something!

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Green - Come on Rivian, Pictures Please! B642C883-9C04-4B96-9866-EF002F75AD8A

BBeach

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I too would like to see other pictures in full sun light out in the wild. I thought for sure I wanted Launch Green but opted at the moment for Forest Green. I would switch back if I saw better and a few more pictures and liked it. Please Rivian.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here it is in higher quality:
IMG_0509.JPG
I like the launch green & it is currently exclusive to the LE. It's too dark for me to buy one for here in TX, but I would seriously consider it and the blue if it wasn't for the TX summers.

Last edited:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm almost certain that photo is CGI, as the truck looks way too clean after driving down that dirt path. We need real world photos, and I'm not sure any of them have left the factory yet.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I like the launch green & it is currently exclusive to the LE. It's too dark for me to buy one for here in TX, but I would seriously consider it and the blue if I lived where it wasn't for the TX summers.
I like it, but am very picky about colors. I could love it now and hate it a year later so I tend to avoid all unique colors.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I like the launch green & it is currently exclusive to the LE. It's too dark for me to buy one for here in TX, but I would seriously consider it and the blue if I lived where it wasn't for the TX summers.
This photo sent me to the blue.

DBO

First Name
Dafydd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
I'm almost certain that photo is CGI, as the truck looks way too clean after driving down that dirt path. We need real world photos, and I'm not sure any of them have left the factory yet.
I think you may be right, I'd definitely like actual real life photos as well. I was hesitant on the Launch Green for the R1S, but after seeing it in the configurator it grew on me. Also like that it's exclusive to the LE.

Sponsored

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
I live in thickly forested hills near the California coast. Douglas fir, Redwood, Madrone, and all manner of oaks. Since Launch Green has made its appearance, I started paying more attention to the riot of greens surrounding me, in sunlight, shade, and various overlapping and interwoven patterns. As I have, Launch Green and its various shades, tones and hues has really grown on me.

So that's how I configured and I even went with a Forest Edge interior. The contrasts and complements of greens where I live moved me to double up on green. But, who knows? Real life and CGI renders may be quite another thing.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I'm currently holding a Forest Green reservation, but could easily switch to Launch.

I just chatted with a rep and asked about real photos; she said they have been getting lots of requests for them. Hopefully that means real world pictures will be added soon. Of course, I won't complete my order until I can see/drive in person in any event...

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I like the launch green & it is currently exclusive to the LE. It's too dark for me to buy one for here in TX, but I would seriously consider it and the blue if it wasn't for the TX summers.
Do you think the blue would be bad in texas summers?

I live in north texas and I was thinking about getting the blue. The thing that concerned me was the panoramic roof.

I have a grand cherokee now, with the larger sun roof, black interior and black exterior.. it gets really hot and ill usually keep the roof vented and start my car before going anywhere to let the ac pre cool for a bit.

I'm concerned that the rivian won't have as vibrant of an AC/heating system as ICE counter parts. Granted, I've never owned an EV, I've only heard that they're hvac systems are not as powerful as those in ICE vehicles.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you think the blue would be bad in texas summers?

I live in north texas and I was thinking about getting the blue. The thing that concerned me was the panoramic roof.

I have a grand cherokee now, with the larger sun roof, black interior and black exterior.. it gets really hot and ill usually keep the roof vented and start my car before going anywhere to let the ac pre cool for a bit.

I'm concerned that the rivian won't have as vibrant of an AC/heating system as ICE counter parts. Granted, I've never owned an EV, I've only heard that they're hvac systems are not as powerful as those in ICE vehicles.
I really don't know, but I'm going to play it on the safe side. My guess is not any hotter than your black on black GC.

My last darker vehicle was a "Pacific Slate Metallic" (shade of blue) Pontiac G8 GT. It was crazy hot (maybe due to vehicle design as well), but that's when I swore to only buy lighter vehicles moving forward.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I went with forest green too. But could change out later to el cap granite. I configured mine as the LE, Launch Green, 22ā€ wheels, with Ocean interior.

depending on the limited numbers it could be a collectors item years later.

speaking of limited numbers, has anybody heard if the LE option is already sold out. I saw someone comment in another thread when they talked to Rivian Rep that the LEā€˜s are sold out.

So I did not want to make any changes in case it is sold out.
Sponsored