First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Properly placed mirrors, one should not be able to see any part of the car...then you wouldn’t need the stick-on thingie. This was in Day One of a driving school I attended a while back. It is, just an opinion however
I usually can see just a smidge of my vehicle, the convex mirror exposes all of the blind spots. The camera was not where my eyes are so this is not a true representation of my view while driving.

I’m just sharing as a viable option for others. They have worked for me for several decades, many manufacturers are actually integrating portion of the side mirrors with similar features.
Sponsored

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain
I usually can see just a smidge of my vehicle, the convex mirror exposes all of the blind spots. The camera was not where my eyes are so this is not a true representation of my view while driving.

I’m just sharing as a viable option for others. They have worked for me for several decades, many manufacturers are actually integrating portion of the side mirrors with similar features.
Understood.

Writemax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Honda CRV, Honda Pilot, Ford F350, BMW 1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Would love to see these implemented. Wonderful safety feature in my Tesla. So appropriate for a truck.
Until those cameras are implemented, I'd like it if the display showed an actual vehicle rather than an orange semi-circle

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

I would like the orange semi-circles to be more sensitive. I’m used to mirrors being pretty far out (thank you Skip Barber!). For me (and I admit I’m not above doing it wrong), those techniques worked great on shorter vehicles.

I need to submit a ticket for my mirrors. Depending on when I close the mirrors to back out of the garage (before or after shifting into reverse), they want to adjust themselves all the way out.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Did our demo drive in the past week the Rivian rep mentioned that it should be coming soon when I mentioned it would be missing coming from a Tesla

Reactions: KRG

Lilthumper

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 S Plaid 23 Y Performance 23 R1T Quad
I love the turn signal cameras in my Teslas also Boring Boy. I tend to glance at my mirrors and camera back and forth. Can't wait for this on Rivian!
Sponsored