First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad - 21' Mach-e - 22' Model 3
Occupation
Electric Utilities
What is the approximate range hit you're seeing with the Wildpeaks compared to the Scorpions?
I had the 21" road tires before not the 20" scorpions, but my range hit going from 21" OEM to 20" wildpeak has been about 70 miles so far (dropping from 340-350 hwy miles to 270-280 hwy miles) which is about what I expected, but I was secretly hoping for better range.

I will say the tires are excellent though, definitely lost some acceleration but I've taken them on a few more technical trails now and they are excellent. Road noise getting to and from isn't to bad as well, there's a very slight drone. Comfort is good, having more sidewall helps with potholes and the like. Overall I am very happy with them, but being honest I do think I bought more tire then I really needed for the trails I am willing to take an $80k truck down by myself.
Sponsored

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

The ride is very jarring with 48 psi in my tires, I cannot imagine going to 65 psi. Iā€™d just run at lower pressure for day to day.

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but what size are these? I know a guy running 35ā€ KO3 on his R1S that are takeoffs from a Raptor (only vehicle running KO3 at the time and not available to order).

Nachyomama

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I had the 21" road tires before not the 20" scorpions, but my range hit going from 21" OEM to 20" wildpeak has been about 70 miles so far (dropping from 340-350 hwy miles to 270-280 hwy miles) which is about what I expected, but I was secretly hoping for better range.

I will say the tires are excellent though, definitely lost some acceleration but I've taken them on a few more technical trails now and they are excellent. Road noise getting to and from isn't to bad as well, there's a very slight drone. Comfort is good, having more sidewall helps with potholes and the like. Overall I am very happy with them, but being honest I do think I bought more tire then I really needed for the trails I am willing to take an $80k truck down by myself.
If you bump up the psi, please let us know what your rough range estimate is! Iā€™m looking at purchasing these soon for CO winter

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
The ride is very jarring with 48 psi in my tires, I cannot imagine going to 65 psi. Iā€™d just run at lower pressure for day to day.

Probably mentioned elsewhere, but what size are these? I know a guy running 35ā€ KO3 on his R1S that are takeoffs from a Raptor (only vehicle running KO3 at the time and not available to order).
Happy so far at 65. Keep in mind you are running 48 on a tire with max 51psi. These KO3s have max psi of 80.
Tire Rack has only 2 sizes available in the KO3. I'm running LT275/65R-20 matching OEM 20s
These are 126/123S S=112mph with Load range E

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Happy so far at 65. Keep in mind you are running 48 on a tire with max 51psi. These KO3s have max psi of 80.
Tire Rack has only 2 sizes available in the KO3. I'm running LT275/65R-20 matching OEM 20s
Rather than looking at it as a ratio of max pressure, look at the max load (which is what the pressure is based on) between the two tires and then the ratio of Rivian's recommended pressure to the max tire pressure at max load to the new tire's equivalent and it ought to be close. Someone else mentioned the chalk test which will be fairly accurate as well. For off-road, the sidewalls will be stronger and you ought to be able to go lower. I was running my 4Runner down at 20 psi with an E-load tire, but it only weighed 5400 lbs with steel armor / bumper / winch bolted to it vs the 7000+ for the Rivian. The Rivian recommended 30 psi will likely still work well if not 25 psi.

Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Rather than looking at it as a ratio of max pressure, look at the max load (which is what the pressure is based on) between the two tires and then the ratio of Rivian's recommended pressure to the max tire pressure at max load to the new tire's equivalent and it ought to be close. Someone else mentioned the chalk test which will be fairly accurate as well. For off-road, the sidewalls will be stronger and you ought to be able to go lower. I was running my 4Runner down at 20 psi with an E-load tire, but it only weighed 5400 lbs with steel armor / bumper / winch bolted to it vs the 7000+ for the Rivian. The Rivian recommended 30 psi will likely still work well if not 25 psi.
My KO2s (stock 20" size) do great aired down to 25 psi. I've only aired down a couple of times and just for florida sand and swamp. Some of the rock crawlers amongst us might have more insight into air downs...

JAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'll keep this post in mind when my tread wears. If you've seen a red R1T in west seattle, that's probably me ;) I've seen a good number of trucks here lately

TheHedgehog116

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Charger
Idk if it's too soon to ask since only a weekend has past since someone asked, but do you have an update on road noise, ride quality, and highway avg range on them? I just went on the Tire Rack website and they had 3 available at 275/65/R20. I placed an order for 4 and it went through. Idk if it will actually get approved though once they confirm the order lol. I'm hoping to pair them up with recently ordered Thuren 20" wheels. I originally planned on getting Wildpeaks (based off many people in the forums preferring them slightly more than the KO2s), but given KO3s would theoretically be better versions of the KO2s I thought I'd give the KO3s a try.

RIVinIT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.realestatebyscottmiller.com
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Porsche 911 S, Audi Q5
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Clubs

I like the Toyo tires also, has anyone purchased the Nokian Out Post? that I hear is a very good tire and very quiet! Not as pricey as the Toyo's either

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
I just put the ko2's on my truck last week. I am running at the rivian recommended pressure of 48 psi. Would I get better mileage at a higher pressure? How necessary is it to lower the pressure for off road driving. Just getting ready to go hunting is a really rough area.

Sponsored

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
any update on how the tires are settling in, range hit, etc? Getting close to time to replace my 20s and considering these vs. Wildpeak AT3

OP
OP
WSea

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
any update on how the tires are settling in, range hit, etc? Getting close to time to replace my 20s and considering these vs. Wildpeak AT3
This past weekend the local club did an offroad trip. From Seattle (sea level) up to about 5500'. About 38 miles offroad and aired down to 34. I have no baseline from OEM 20s since I came from 22s. Hoping to get someone elses trip data from the group of 21 but haven't seen it yet. Did have a pretty good headwind going up Snoqualmie Pass. Had 68% SOC at meeting point. Last time I did this same route on 22s I arrived at meeting point with 71%. I did compare speedo to gps app and the app was floating about .5 to 1 mph faster on I-90. I haven't had SC adjust to 20s and probably won't. So far still happy.
Rivian R1T R1S KO3 tires installed on Rivian R1T! 1696892643323

Phrogz

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
phrogz.net
Vehicles
'66 Ford Jeep, '01 SLK 32AMG, '10 Wrangler, '19 Q7
Occupation
Autonomous Driving Software
Canā€™t say thatā€™s been my experience so far, buts itā€™s only been a couple of days and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve had the truck over 65mph. I wonder if tire pressure could be a factor. Iā€™m running mine at 60 psi. Noise is improved vs my worn out Scorpions. I had 34k miles on them when replaced.
Tire pressure is definitely a factor (though not the only one). Running the Toyo's at 62psi is significantly better than 42psi. There is still some "springiness" when changing lanes. If I change lanes sharply and then decisively correct the steering in the new lane, I can sense what seems to be the truck's momentum carrying the body past the desired position, and then getting pulled back by the tires. However, it is not a problem I notice most of the time now.

mmiles2012

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 911 Coupe, '23 R1T LE
Occupation
I work for a Tire Company
Clubs

I talked about this on a previous tire thread (I'm running the Dueler A/T Revo 3's also at 65 psi), but my suspicion/working model is that the higher pressure and stiffer sidewall makes the fancy-trick suspension work a little better in single wheel bump and rebound. The softest/most compliant thing in your suspension will react first, and moving from a metric P tire to an LT (I think) results in this being the air spring, which in turns means a more comfortable ride.

On the Duelers - I swapped into them with less than 500 miles on the OE pirellis, and aside from a slight whine with the windows down, I haven't had any concerns.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I just put the ko2's on my truck last week. I am running at the rivian recommended pressure of 48 psi. Would I get better mileage at a higher pressure? How necessary is it to lower the pressure for off road driving. Just getting ready to go hunting is a really rough area.
Proper tire pressure is dependent on the loaded vehicle weight and the tire's load rating. Rivian's specified 48 psi is specific to the R1's weight and the particular Pirelli tire Rivian spec'd. The KO2 and other LT spec tires have a far higher load rating than the OE tires and likely require higher pressures as a result. For example, Toyota spec'd 30 psi for my 4Runner, but between the LT E-load tires I added and all the steel bolted to that rig, I was running 45 psi up front and 38 psi in the rear. Look at the max load rating of the new tire and its max psi (pressure needed to support max load) and take the ratio of the R1 weight or GVWR against that and you should have a good baseline for the pressure you should be running. Then you can do the chalk test to dial it in from there. Remember, too low or too high pressure will result in abnormal tire wear in addition to handling issues.
Sponsored