Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Is kneel height essentially the vehicle going into its lowest ride height? Or does it go beyond that?
An inch lower, is what rivian told me a year ago.
Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
The release notes specify it as being the Low ride height, so higher than Lowest.
Wow, that's disappointing. I was hoping it would go lower than lowest or AT LEAST lowest.

Given the truck doesn't actually need to be drivable in kneel, i can't see why they couldn't just dump it as low as possible.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Is there any rhyme or reason for the deployment order?
Nope, it's like FSD Beta updates. Totally random. I've gotten some updates a week after they start rolling out, this one i just got on day 2.

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Wow, that's disappointing. I was hoping it would go lower than lowest or AT LEAST lowest.

Given the truck doesn't actually need to be drivable in kneel, i can't see why they couldn't just dump it as low as possible.
It could. But it doesn't probably because going back to Standard or High from Lowest (or lower) would take a while and be quite taxing on the system and vehicle running multiple times a day.

Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
It could. But it doesn't probably because going back to Standard or High from Lowest (or lower) would take a while and be quite taxing on the system and vehicle running multiple times a day.
My wife does standard to lowest and back every day multiple times and it’s very fast.

Going to high or highest does take time agreed.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
You lost me here. The purpose of Kneel mode is to go low so you can get in or out easier. If you already have a mode that can go lower than Kneel, why would you need to Kneel? I'd rather hit two buttons (if I was in AP) and go as low as the truck can every time to ease entry/exit.
Perfect example of the automatic feature benefit in my use case, I had been parking and flipping from AP to sport to get to lowest with my in-laws riding with us. Now, I just put it in park and it kneels...as long as they aren't diving out the doors 😉

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I respectfully disagree. It will be very useful for those of us who keep our trucks in AP most of the time. It’s the “automatic” part that provides the usefulness. Lower would be better, but it’s not useless.

I’m installing the update now and am excited to check it out.
Does it go up if you left it in sport/lowest?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The release notes specify it as being the Low ride height, so higher than Lowest.
Huh.

if you have the update installed, could you measure ground to sill height in park/kneel vs low and lowest?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

One million percent more likely with doors open?

I don't think you're going to park like 3-4 inches above a massive rock, but you might not notice if you open the door 3-4 inches above one and the truck lowers onto it with the door open?

In my GTI i have to watch for tall curbs all the time otherwise my door will open straight into it. Can't imagine if the thing was lowering itself with the door open the mental gymnastics I would have to play.
There is a curb where I park occasionally that will eat the door on my R1T if I parked in the lowest mode. It'd totally fuck the door up if it was lowering while open.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
At 70% AP puts me at 193-196. It's based on your driving history over the last so many miles or some such and dynamically adjusts. Less pedal to the metal and that number should raise for you (though I drive it like I stole it AND Rivian's cash so not sure how you're getting so low 😆)
I lied, I'm also 193. :p Had it in Sport. But still, no way 201 isn't Conserve. Is impossibru in AP. :CWL:

evaughan3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Wrangler, 911
Two interesting observations after updating:
  • Car wash mode disables automatically after about 3 minutes. This is slightly annoying when hand washing.
  • Vehicle shows as “in use” within the app for about 5 minutes after parking, locking and leaving the vehicle (parking lot for example).
Otherwise welcome updates.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Huh.

if you have the update installed, could you measure ground to sill height in park/kneel vs low and lowest?
Measuring to the bottom of the "R" in the Rivian badging on driver door:

AP Low: 28.25"
Kneel: 28"
Sport Lowest: 27.5"

The release notes don't actually capitalize "low", so perhaps it's not technically Low, but it's in between the two and closer to Low than Lowest. I didn't repeat to see if there is variability in where each lands.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
  • Car wash mode disables automatically after about 3 minutes. This is slightly annoying when hand washing.
that’s gonna suck if true. Currently car wash mode has lasted until I turned it off, which is generally an hour or so.
Sponsored