First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I'm still investigating and have opened a ticket with Rivian but it seems like chamberlain garage doors work fine but the 2 liftmasters I have fail everytime no matter what I try.

One is a liftmaster gate the other is a liftmaster jackshaft.

Programing works fine, you send the command from the truck to the opener, the light for the opener blinks meaning it saw it but then the truck just times out.

Boring video here if you are interested:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8uxxxPeuKLesbHa47
Sponsored

Last edited:

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Well that sucks, but more importantly, how do I program the Rivian to build me a garage?

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
How many codes or remotes can you add? How are they triggered? Will it open your gate and garage door at the same time for you as you approach the house or do you have to select a button for each from the display?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

How many codes or remotes can you add? How are they triggered? Will it open your gate and garage door at the same time for you as you approach the house or do you have to select a button for each from the display?
RJ said in a Twitter post you could add up to 16 different garage doors. Obviously someone commented about then not being able to get into their 17th one😏

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
FWIW, just had a similar buggy remote programming effort on my wife’s new Cayenne. It would not program with a Liftmaster remote and Liftmaster opener. Out of sheer frustration, I bought a new Chamberlain remote (same company as Liftmaster), paired it to opener, and then it all programmed to the vehicle fine.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
1 press for each door/gate. No geofencing yet.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I have a Liftmaster Formula 1 Whisper Drive (one helluva name) and I got it all programmed and set up in one go

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I'm still investigating and have opened a ticket with Rivian but it seems like chamberlain garage doors work fine but the 2 liftmasters I have fail everytime no matter what I try.

One is a liftmaster gate the other is a liftmaster jackshaft.

Programing works fine, you send the command from the truck to the opener, the light for the opener blinks meaning it saw it but then the truck just times out.

Boring video here if you are interested:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8uxxxPeuKLesbHa47
I have 2x Liftmaster 8500 openers (jackshaft type), did you press the learn button on the wall controller or the openers themselves? I could never learn the openers directly from the handheld remote in the vehicle.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Haven't gotten the new update yet, so it's just you ;)

OP
OP
Khaneric

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I have 2x Liftmaster 8500 openers (jackshaft type), did you press the learn button on the wall controller or the openers themselves? I could never learn the openers directly from the handheld remote in the vehicle.
yeah i tried a couple combinations of the learn button and none worked.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Bummer ... hopefully they can get the kinks worked out soon.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management

22RivianCDH

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 22 R1S, 22 Raptor 37, 21Jeep 392,20 G63
Occupation
Broker
Maybe you garage door opener has reached its' limit for adding openers..I ran into this problem ....I had to delete one of the openers....actually I had to clear all openers , then add 1 at a time.....the limit was 6....between cars and keypads and handheld....i was a little bummed that my new garage door which i paid way to much for to be installed had a limit of openers...after the install, the guy said....the newest versions allow more...what did I buy I asked...the older version....lol

OP
OP
Khaneric

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
So I found a solution and wanted to share it. I also shared the solution with Rivian support.

After you send the code from the remote, the truck will say it accepted the code. After hitting OK it will tell you it's going to send the signal again to test.

On the screen that says "sending the signal" (see photo) you have to hold your garage remote button AGAIN and then you will get a success message. If you don't hold the button again the screen will stay there and eventually time out as my video originally showed.

Once the garage has been added to the truck I found I needed to push then button on screen 1 or 2 more times and then it started working consistently.

Not sure if it's a bug in the truck or somewhere else but hopefully this helps others out

Rivian R1T R1S It's not just you, garage door software is buggy IMG_20220503_175800_hdr

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I have 2 liftmaster pro from late 2013. Just got them both added. Sent signal. Truck told me I needed to hit the learn button on the opener and then had to send signal from truck 2x within 30 seconds (button says 1 of 2 and 2 of 2)

both appear to have programmed fine with a few opening and closings
Sponsored