AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

This thread make me feel like a lot of unknowing and/or unwilling wife’s will all the sudden be the owner of NOT a Rivian.
Almost feels like a lifted truck forum;)
Sponsored

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I like RIVIAN in general, but my 2 main attractions are:
1- 7 seats SUV that is not overly long
2- Not a Tesla model X

I certainly won't go the Hyundai/Kia route, but if Toyota/Lexus/VW/Audi launches theirs before I get my R1S, I am totally ditching RIVIAN.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
This thread make me feel like a lot of unknowing and/or unwilling wife’s will all the sudden be the owner of NOT a Rivian.
Almost feels like a lifted truck forum;)
To be fair, I want her to have an R1S too, but she doesn't like how the headlights look. Don't know why it matters as I don't think she could tell you anything about what her current car looks like unless she was standing in front of it, and she never does that. But she can get what she wants (as long as I can get the R1T haha).

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Here's a link to a reddit post with pics:

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Here's a link to a reddit post with pics:

I'm not sure what to think.
On one hand it looks kind of cool and on the other all I can think of is those stupid hamsters from the Soul commercials and I want to puke.

In the end "concept" to me means it won't look at all like this.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I'm not sure what to think.
On one hand it looks kind of cool and on the other all I can think of is those stupid hamsters from the Soul commercials and I want to puke.

In the end "concept" to me means it won't look at all like this.
Actually, they have been delivering almost dead on concept to production on the exterior at least. For example, Hyundai concept 45 vs. ioniq 5. I'd expect the exterior to be very similar to this concept, though the interior will be toned down.

Rivian R1T R1S KIA EV9 Concept Reveal 1637190325497

Rivian R1T R1S KIA EV9 Concept Reveal 1637190348478

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Video with more close up details of interior/exterior. Front reminds me of the Lyriq

Wish the TFL guy would GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
I like the overall shape of it. Hopefully it ends up being 7 (or even 8) seats like the Telluride. I don't like the interior...but I know that's just the concept. Overall looks so much better than the Hyundai seven concept. That thing is 2/3 OK and 1/3 terrible (I can't get over the rear end....looks like someone got most of the way through a good design and then had to quickly finish up for dinner)

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I like the overall shape of it. Hopefully it ends up being 7 (or even 8) seats like the Telluride. I don't like the interior...but I know that's just the concept. Overall looks so much better than the Hyundai seven concept. That thing is 2/3 OK and 1/3 terrible (I can't get over the rear end....looks like someone got most of the way through a good design and then had to quickly finish up for dinner)
In general, Kia designs have been MUCH better than Hyundai for the same platform. Looking forward to the final EV9 design.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Too much Cybertruck for my taste.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Actually, they have been delivering almost dead on concept to production on the exterior at least. For example, Hyundai concept 45 vs. ioniq 5. I'd expect the exterior to be very similar to this concept, though the interior will be toned down.

1637190325497.png

1637190348478.png
That looks Cybertruckish….

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
CEO
I can't say I am too impressed with the first videos I've seen. It seems like they are trying to capture some of the Rivian "adventure" nomenclatures by talking about it being inspired by nature and water, et cetera. Obviously, they have a long way to go before getting the EV9 to market in the USA. I'm definitely gonna hold out for the R1S!

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I can't say I am too impressed with the first videos I've seen. It seems like they are trying to capture some of the Rivian "adventure" nomenclatures by talking about it being inspired by nature and water, et cetera. Obviously, they have a long way to go before getting the EV9 to market in the USA. I'm definitely gonna hold out for the R1S!
The concept looks good but they have to finish it off and I don’t expect production until late 2023. This will not be a priority for them since it will not sell in Europe (too big) so the focus will be the EV6 and smaller vehicles.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
To clarify, the first picture is the concept and the second is the actual production vehicle.
Lines are very sharp, That’s what I mean, both concept and the real deal.
Sponsored