Sponsored

It's May....

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

It is officially May, with deliveries planned to start in a month why do I still feel like we are in the dark? At this point, I have become more excited waiting to meet my Guide than I am about getting my truck. I woke up today thinking "welp it's May, now how long is it going to take to be introduced to my guide?" I am a very early preorder holder going back to the LA auto show back in 2018 and I am still afraid I may not be taking delivery until the end of summer. The angst is rising the closer we get and I'm looking forward to getting a delivery date. I may have to through a little party for the neighborhood...

Curious about your thoughts
Spec
-El Cap
-Black mountain
-dark 20s'
-300-mile pack
I am in Southern California and see them testing around here all the time, the corporate office in Irvine is not too far from my home. Hoping that may play a factor in earlier delivery.

What spec and where do you think is going to be delivered first?
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Except paint color.

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I'd be willing to switch to launch green, but I probably wouldn't go to white or LA silver...
Too late to switch to Launch Green. ?

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Too late to switch to Launch Green. ?
No, not if he already has a LE configured which I would assume is the case given an expectation of delivery this year. It's only too late if you don't already have a LE configured.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I’m sorta far up the line, but not as far as you aha. I’m hoping that the possibility of a factory delivery might let me get my truck sooner than waiting for delivery

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I’m sorta far up the line, but not as far as you aha. I’m hoping that the possibility of a factory delivery might let me get my truck sooner than waiting for delivery
They've more than hinted that if factory delivery becomes an option, it won't be so right out of the gate. If you want factory delivery, it might actually be later than the home delivery model they are gearing up for.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Also possible! Another thing the Guide will hopefully have an answer for I suppose

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

In case Rivian is monitoring this site, my cell phone is charged and I'm ready for my Guide to call. May is almost 14 hours old and I'm still waiting.....?

The sucky part of this plan is that I'll have to answer every call I receive between now and my Guide's call. Assuming that takes place in mid-May, the over/under line on calls from Bangalore to sell me either an extended car warranty or Supplemental Medicare insurance is 85 calls (and I'm not even old enough yet for Medicare!).

I'll take the over....

Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
In case Rivian is monitoring this site, my cell phone is charged and I'm ready for my Guide to call. May is almost 14 hours old and I'm still waiting.....?

The sucky part of this plan is that I'll have to answer every call I receive between now and my Guide's call. Assuming that takes place in mid-May, the over/under line on calls from Bangalore to sell me either an extended car warranty or Supplemental Medicare insurance is 85 calls (and I'm not even old enough yet for Medicare!).

I'll take the over....
I am really hoping there will a heads-up email before the official call.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Except paint color.
Do you already know which color will be first? They've never stated that Launch Green will be first produced, only that it's exclusive to LEs.

Certainly could be first, but I bet El Cap with dark interior is a pretty popular choice as well.

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Do you already know which color will be first? They've never stated that Launch Green will be first produced, only that it's exclusive to LEs.

Certainly could be first, but I bet El Cap with dark interior is a pretty popular choice as well.
That how I feel, I think el cap is definitely going to be up there from other polls I've seen if not number one. However, if I needed to I would go launch green in order to get an earlier delivery.

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

The pessimist in me says that we still have 60 days until deliveries start...We are within a 30-60 days until delivery starts...
Unfortunately, I agree, I'd like to think June deliveries will happen but my expectations are low. Let's hope they stick by under promise over deliver...
Sponsored