Sponsored

Is Rivian still producing Launch Editions?

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Is anyone aware of whether Rivian has completed the production of Launch Edition R1T? I know for a while there Adventure edition were being delivered alongside Launch editions. Has anyone received one recently?
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

They still have mine to build so they had better be.

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
Great question - I was wondering that myself. There seem to be lots of Adventure packages available on the R1 Shop - maybe lots of LE reservations converted and are opting for the Adventure package? Or, lots of Adventure packages are being built due to some sort of supply chain limitation on some LE component?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Ocean Coast should be right around the corner.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Other than on a launch green truck, its just an interior badge. So it's pretty easy for them to make any adventure trim a launch edition if they need too. I'm sure they are saving some badges for the folks in Canada and anyone else who ordered early.

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
They still have mine to build so they had better be.
I noticed your delivery window is Sept-Oct with OC, that's super interesting. I had assumed (for no real reason) the earliest OC windows were Oct-Nov, like mine is.

That should mean we should start to see pictures of the production OC interior any week now, and first deliveries hopefully next month!

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
My Launch Edition was just built and is sitting at the factory. I changed last month from an R1S to the R1T so I was very late.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Great question - I was wondering that myself. There seem to be lots of Adventure packages available on the R1 Shop - maybe lots of LE reservations converted and are opting for the Adventure package? Or, lots of Adventure packages are being built due to some sort of supply chain limitation on some LE component?
I actually called and asked CS about that yesterday. It just hit me that there are probably more than a few LE with OC interiors that were converted to Adventures with BM or FE to get a truck quicker. That would leave a lot of LE spots opening up. I was wondering if it would be possible to switch from an Adventure to a LE when the OC starts being produced. The rep told me that I would have to wait until I get a Shop invite, and if an LE is available, I can grab it. We’re sticking with OC so I’m not entirely sure when/if that invite will come, but who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky! We might even be lucky enough to get a truck with some of the kinks worked out like the drive assembly for the power tonneau cover. 😅

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Arent there LE max pack order too? Earliest those will be delivered is next year.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Arent there LE max pack order too? Earliest those will be delivered is next year.
No. Max Pack configs were always Adventure (or Explore). You were not able to configure a LE with Max Pack - you had to pick one or the other.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

It just hit me that there are probably more than a few LE with OC interiors that were converted to Adventures with BM or FE to get a truck quicker. That would leave a lot of LE spots opening up.
That makes no sense.
Switching from OC to BM or FE would not make anyone lose their LE configuration.
Besides that, LE builds have been available on the store, that’s not the same as someone being able to convert their order from Adventure to LE.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
No, you can't get Max pack with LE.