Plummer43

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Anyone get the recall email? I did not but checked my VIN and will be making contact with rivian.
Sponsored

travbz814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Clubs

Anyone get the recall email? I did not but checked my VIN and will be making contact with rivian.
I got RJs but not one specific to me with my vin. I'm in 6000s so assume I'm impacted.

I have a service appointment for next week but now I see they are charging for towing. Might have to cancel. A tow to KC would be a lot of $$.

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
I’m still not sure they are charging for warranty issue towing. I saw a thread a couple days ago but it wasn’t clear. A friend has his R1T going down end of October and they aren’t charging him. It’s warranty work.

I got RJs but not one specific to me with my vin. I'm in 6000s so assume I'm impacted.

I have a service appointment for next week but now I see they are charging for towing. Might have to cancel. A tow to KC would be a lot of $$.

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
Yup I got it too. Mobile service was just here a couple weeks ago too darn it!

F1shSkier

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
Solar Energy Consultant
Clubs

Just a heads up, I was rotating my tires yesterday and found the underbody panels were missing multiple bolts! I see 6 at the back and 2 in the front. Might want to check yours if you haven't already. I put in service tickets for each, so hopefully they come out for repair soon!

Sponsored

LeDiable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I got the recall email, so I need to get that scheduled. From what I could see a week or two ago, I was only missing one bolt on the underbody panels.

LeDiable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I called and got my recall fix scheduled for mobile service next Tuesday (10/18). I had submitted a separate service request through the app for a few little things (see below), but the guy I spoke to wasn't sure if they would address all of it in one visit or if they're focusing on the recall for now and have to come back another time to address the rest.

I've got what appears to be 4 missing bolts for the underbody panels, a cap covering a hole on the bedliner on the passenger side of the tailgate opening is missing, and a grommet at the bottom of the rear driver's side door opening that keeps getting pushed in slightly.

Rivian R1T R1S Iowa anyone? 20221010_075049~2

Rivian R1T R1S Iowa anyone? 20221010_074941~2

Rivian R1T R1S Iowa anyone? 20221010_074851~2

Rivian R1T R1S Iowa anyone? 20221010_074435

travbz814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Clubs

I’m still not sure they are charging for warranty issue towing. I saw a thread a couple days ago but it wasn’t clear. A friend has his R1T going down end of October and they aren’t charging him. It’s warranty work.
Confirmed today they would've charged me for towing if the appointment was made after the "change of policy" on Oct 4th.

They are going to tow it for free and provide a rental.

With that being the case I updated my service request with my laundry list of items. Including the recall and the underbody shield bolts check that @LeDiable shared.

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
This stinks. Hopefully the mobile service techs can handle a majority of the issues. Also, as it would’ve been nice as an early adopter to be excluded from the new rules.
Guess it just means more weekends in KC :)

Sponsored

VHRivian

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevrolet Traverse
Rivian has touted almost doubling the number of service centers to 40. Has anyone heard if one of those will be in Des Moines? That would put it only 90 minutes away from me instead of 3 hours to the factory right now.

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
I gave the underbody on mine a good look yesterday, and I'm also missing a couple bolts/screws that hold up the underbody shield. Suppose I'll just pull one of the existing ones out and see if I can match it at tractor supply or something. Also got my recall visit/checkup scheduled for next Tuesday, October 18th. Was hoping they could knock out a couple other minor issues while they were here but already said we'll have to schedule another mobile appointment for those.

On another note, now that they've fixed the horrid squeaking sounds when accel/decel I'm really hearing the "Knocking" sound when accelerating from a stop or coming to a stop. I created a ticket for this as well. Just almost sounds like something isn't quite tight enough somewhere in the suspension and it's allowing a bolt or something to move a bit. I also reminded Riv that my tonneau cover is a disaster and to SHIP MY DAMN FLOORMATS ALREADY!!! #endrant

travbz814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Clubs

SHIP MY DAMN FLOORMATS ALREADY!!! #endrant
I think my mats and wrist band arrive tomorrow and Thursday. I got an email about the wrist band shipping but I have 2 shipments showing in UPS heading my way from rivian. One from CA and the other Michigan.

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
My floor mats showed up! No yellow logo for me though, all black

F1shSkier

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
Solar Energy Consultant
Clubs

Also got my recall visit/checkup scheduled for next Tuesday, October 18th.
@LeDiable also have our recall visits scheduled for that day in Ankeny. We should just all meet somewhere and have the Tech knock everyone out quick. Then maybe they can do our other checks if they don't have drive time all day.
Sponsored