Sponsored

Introducing the R1 Shop... Email Communication

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I'm a R1S LE holder with June/July window.

After reading the email several times, my understanding is now that the majority of R1S LE holders are pushed out of 2022. Is that right .. ?

(English is my 2nd language, it wasn't easy to get to this point)
Don't feel bad - Rivian has the gift of confusing the majority of native English speakers as well with their communications.

I also arrived at the same conclusion: there will be very very few (if any) R1S deliveries this year. We should know for sure when they send out updated delivery timeframes by the end of this week (which I'm going to pencil in as Sunday 11:59pm).
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I'm a R1S LE holder with June/July window.

After reading the email several times, my understanding is now that the majority of R1S LE holders are pushed out of 2022. Is that right .. ?

(English is my 2nd language, it wasn't easy to get to this point)
Your interpretation is the most reasonable one: both the meaning you ultimately took from it AND the confusion you got from the fundamentally muddled message.

It’s not a language issue, at least on your end!

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

1654796287386.jpeg

Getting ahead of things: Friday…
Is this the same lady as in the other pic? Just when she finally received the email?

eSUV

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1S; and 2019 Jeep Trackhawk
I just met another forum member that recently received his R1T Adventure in Limestone with Sport Dark wheels, and he confirmed that he only preordered it a year ago. I was a little stunned when I heard that and asked what happened and he said that he didn't know other than he signed up for first mile/drive event (had a later 2022 delivery window), and shortly after was contacted about an available R1T adventure which allowed him to complete the purchase within a year. For the record, I am R1S preorder holder from May 2019 and will feel very lucky if we get our vehicles in 2023, so I was very excited and very happy for him.

My comment here is that while I hear all the talk about configuration, location, supply chain, etc. with respect to delivery windows and availability, I am frankly amazed that there are so many early adopters that signed on to Rivian in late 2018 and early 2019 that still don't have what appear to relatively simple R1T configurations that theoretically because they signed up for launch editions were supposed to have priority delivery over adventure versions. I do appreciate the R1 Shop is now supposed to remedy this kind of line jumping based on your preorder date, but it is frankly sad that so many R1T vehicles keep bypassing some of Rivian's very first "CUSTOMERS" to sign on for what was always going to be a long road to production. While RJ had a vision and worked hard to develop what we all hope is a generational EV product, it seems like several of the "early believers" are being left behind in that Rivian vision.

Based on what I read and heard first hand from another forum member, it is difficult to believe anything Rivian CS tells us anymore until you have an actual scheduled delivery!

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Just chatted with CS to get some clarity on LE vs Adventure. She stated the R1 Shop will only show you LE trucks if you have an LE reservation. Adventure preorder holders will not see options for LE trucks.

The reason I asked is because LE comes with the free wheel upgrade, and if you're a post-price-hike preorder holder it also comes with a free power tonneau, so switching to LE has the potential to save some money.

I'd be curious if this is true once someone with an Adventure reservation gets access to the shop.

I'm also not sure how they handled this for the handful of Guide-assisted switches to LE trucks. Did those folks pay for the upgrades or get them for free?

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Is this the same lady as in the other pic? Just when she finally received the email?
OMG that's funny...obviously we need the obligatory glimpse to her future...

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the R1 Shop... Email Communication 1654803147044

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
No. Some R1S LE Reservations will be pushed to 2023. We will have to see exactly how many.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
No. Some R1S LE Reservations will be pushed to 2023. We will have to see exactly how many.
I’ve said it before, but *some* R1S reservations are already set for 2023 or later, so you can move most (or all) current 2022 R1S reservations to 2023 and have the statement that *some* of the total R1S population are moving to next year be completely (if only technically) true.

That would be an unreasonable thing to do! But it would be unfortunately consistent with Rivian’s comms MO.

Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Don't feel bad - Rivian has the gift of confusing the majority of native English speakers as well with their communications.

I also arrived at the same conclusion: there will be very very few (if any) R1S deliveries this year. We should know for sure when they send out updated delivery timeframes by the end of this week (which I'm going to pencil in as Sunday 11:59pm).
With all the communication promises they have made you still think that the "end of this week" means before next Monday? Now when they say "end of this week" mentally I take that as sometime in July...

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
With all the communication promises they have made you still think that the "end of this week" means before next Monday? Now when they say "end of this week" mentally I take that as sometime in July...
I'm giving them a little bit of an accuracy credit for the shortened time between promise made and promise expected (5 days). For example if they emailed us a month ago and said "expect updated delivery windows by June 10" I would bake in the same amount of buffer as you have.

Sad that we all now have our internal formulae for how to manage Rivian communications expectations.

Edit: which also means that even if we get our updated delivery window emails on time, that's obviously not a guarantee by any means of Rivian hitting that window on time. I'm just learning to live with the delays. I'm excited af about the R1S but my current ride is adequate.

Last edited:

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Just posting what was already stated as I still havent confirmed they resolved my email issues.
Just posting what was already stated as I still havent confirmed they resolved my email issues.
I believe I have the same issue. Did you call or email initially, and then assume this was chat follow-up?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I believe I have the same issue. Did you call or email initially, and then assume this was chat follow-up?

Chat, and Email but nothing yet, I guess calling it next.
Sponsored