Sponsored

JonBoyR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Can someone share what the length of the R1T Running Boards are? I am trying to compare this to others that say they are 92" in length. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Question, does the Running board impact the range more than the Rock slider ?
No, not measurable. Both RMaxx products (Running Boards and Rock Sliders) are optimized for max aero efficiency.

Mandarin

First Name
Serg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
No, not measurable. Both RMaxx products (Running Boards and Rock Sliders) are optimized for max aero efficiency.
Sorry idk if it's been asked already, don't want to go thru 160 pages, but is there any option to make running boards with a middle point strong enough to jack the truck? I don't need rock sliders, but don't want to get just running boards since I can't jack truck using it

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Sorry idk if it's been asked already, don't want to go thru 160 pages, but is there any option to make running boards with a middle point strong enough to jack the truck? I don't need rock sliders, but don't want to get just running boards since I can't jack truck using it
you can jack on any of our brackets.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
I love my running boards, and they’ve helped the family get in and out of through truck but yesterday I noticed a rust like surface all along the edge that didn’t wash off with soap and water.

It’s a large area and obvious and takes away from the look of the truck.

Any suggestions? @EV Sportline

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing RMaxx Running Boards & Rock Sliders for Rivian R1T / R1S from Team 1EV IMG_2634

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I love my running boards, and they’ve helped the family get in and out of through truck but yesterday I noticed a rust like surface all along the edge that didn’t wash off with soap and water.

It’s a large area and obvious and takes away from the look of the truck.

Any suggestions? @EV Sportline

IMG_2634.jpeg
Yep, we will swap that out - sorry about that, we had a few that had a coating issue and we've replaced those. I'll send a PM.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

Yep, we will swap that out - sorry about that, we had a few that had a coating issue and we've replaced those. I'll send a PM.
I have narrowed down to two choices to get my sliders but your presence here and support for these issues has won me over.

Do you know if the current batch of "in stock" R1S sliders have the rusting issue resolved.

I know if I get ones that rust you will take care of them but would rather install once. I'm doing DIY.

Also is the warranty the same if one buys from one of your Vendors that carry the Rmaxx sliders? or is it better to buy directly from you.

My preferred vendor allows for local pick up so that may save a few hundred bucks.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
I have narrowed down to two choices to get my sliders but your presence here and support for these issues has won me over.

Do you know if the current batch of "in stock" R1S sliders have the rusting issue resolved.

I know if I get ones that rust you will take care of them but would rather install once. I'm doing DIY.

Also is the warranty the same if one buys from one of your Vendors that carry the Rmaxx sliders? or is it better to buy directly from you.

My preferred vendor allows for local pick up so that may save a few hundred bucks.
I did DIY for install and for me it was more mechanical than i'm usually up for but I got it done. Replacing them isn't as daunting for 3 reasons:
1) I already have the holes drilled (though dealing with that extra sticky tape I closed the holes with with be a pain)
2) The bolts arent factory tight (they're at the recommended torque from install instructions).
3) I've done it before

Sponsored

Nine_One_Six_R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Clubs

I did DIY for install and for me it was more mechanical than i'm usually up for but I got it done. Replacing them isn't as daunting for 3 reasons:
1) I already have the holes drilled (though dealing with that extra sticky tape I closed the holes with with be a pain)
2) The bolts arent factory tight (they're at the recommended torque from install instructions).
3) I've done it before
Is #2 drilling thru in the plastics. Need to go find out an installation video.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Is #2 drilling thru in the plastics. Need to go find out an installation video.
Yes for the first time install. They have great docs on this that worked. You should review them before ordering to see if you’re up to it.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Any new order from EVSportline.com will be the 'resolved' coating, yes.

zpowell

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Pilot
Can anyone share pictures of the rock sliders installed?

I understand they take the place of all the under body plastics. I had a piece come down a few weeks ago. There is at least one more that will probably come down soon. Rivian said in the future they won’t replace them because of the modification for the running boards. I took the boards and brackets off prior to the mobile service visit. It’s a crappy design by Rivian and not likely due to the 4 inch holes for the brackets, however I’m not inclined to be spending money on more plastic panels in the future.

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Clubs

Can anyone share pictures of the rock sliders installed?

I understand they take the place of all the under body plastics. I had a piece come down a few weeks ago. There is at least one more that will probably come down soon. Rivian said in the future they won’t replace them because of the modification for the running boards. I took the boards and brackets off prior to the mobile service visit. It’s a crappy design by Rivian and not likely due to the 4 inch holes for the brackets, however I’m not inclined to be spending money on more plastic panels in the future.
Are you looking for a picture from underneath?
Sponsored