Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Running Boards on installation difficulty:
"Easy DIY installation with no drilling or permanent modifications"

Sliders on installation difficult:
🦗🦗🦗🦗🦗
Sliders are no more difficult to install....5 more bolts, that's all.
Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
If you don't have jack pucks, can you still remove the access panel and access the frame / jack pin normally? In other words, if I take the truck into a shop to get work done, can they still jack it up if they don't own Rivian-specific jack pucks?
I want to bring this up again, in case it got missed. Once the running boards are installed, are those panels still accessible, or do the boards have to be removed to access the frame?

Or do we need to also order a set of pucks with the running boards for when we need to change or rotate tires?

Rivian on a Rampage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Sierra, Ford 555, 29 Ford tudor
I want to see everything related to Rivian succeed. Your posts make me wonder if a prototype has been developed. So many of these questions would be answered with pictures and so much time saved.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
Will you guys have these on display on a truck in your van nuys shop at some point? I would love to see them in person before ordering

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I want to see everything related to Rivian succeed. Your posts make me wonder if a prototype has been developed. So many of these questions would be answered with pictures and so much time saved.
Agreed. While I’m sure this will be a fine product in the end, charging in full for preorders with no pictures or full specs is a bit odd to me. It gives the impression these are being rushed and/or not fully tested.

How can adequate testing have been done on these already when the weight remains unknown? Seems like design changes were make only recently. Is that enough time for testing?

Again, based on track record, odds are this will be a fine product, but I’m personally sitting out this preorder and will wait for some real world reviews.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Agreed. While I’m sure this will be a fine product in the end, charging in full for preorders with no pictures or full specs is a bit odd to me. It gives the impression these are being rushed and/or not fully tested.

How can adequate testing have been done on these already when the weight remains unknown? Seems like design changes were make only recently. Is that enough time for testing?

Again, based on track record, odds are this will be a fine product, but I’m personally sitting out this preorder and will wait for some real world reviews.
Gang - I hear you, we will post more pics soon. Reality is we made changes / tweaks to (improve/refine) the design, which entails cutting / welding...and the prototypes are bare steel - not finished products (not photo worthy). Then the pre-production samples need blasted and powder coated. Those parts will be prepped for photo worthiness, then run a proper photo shoot. Our priority is tooling first (fixturing off the prototypes), before shooting photos....which means people get parts FASTER, versus trying to get professional photos first. Thanks everyone, we appreciate the interest and patience! You'll have plenty of chance to review photos, videos, etc....keep your order or drop out if you wish, but the first in / first out for orders will matter for who gets parts fastest.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
As promised, happy to present our RMaxx Running Boards and Rock Sliders!

We've carefully engineered these specifically for Rivian fitments. Two options, Running Boards for those that seek the step. And for those that want to tackle the world, we've got the Rock Slider version. Looks are important to us, but so is function. So the sliders are FOR REAL. Go ahead and grind your way over the rockers, we're ready for you. Our sliders are direct frame mount and spec'd for Rivian heavyweights - no brackets or cantilever or light duty stuff here.

FAQ:
  • The step sits about 0.7" under the door
  • The Sliders are attached to the frame, behind (inboard) the running boards.
  • The Slider option is something we weld together with the Running boards. The assembly bolts to the truck (no welding on the truck)
  • Structurally, the running boards are just that - they attach with brackets and provide a step.
  • The Sliders are a heavy duty frame rail attachment that bolts directly to the frame structure and protects when sliding over rocks, high-centering the truck, etc.
  • Neither product prohibits jacking. We have that covered for both Running boards and Sliders.
  • You cant jack up on the running boards
  • You can definitely jack up on the sliders
  • Range impact, will be something, but not quantified at this point. The parts are 'inboard' the tire outer surface, which is good.

Made in the USA - in production now.

Check them out here - Introductory pricing and free shipping for the first wave!

https://evsportline.com/collections...running-board-rock-sliders-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

black-rivian-r1t-running-boards.jpg
@EV Sportline Your rock sliders are about $1000 less expensive than the ones offered by Weistec/DCE. As far as you can tell, is there a material/substantial difference between your product and theirs that would explain that $1000 difference?

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

@EV Sportline Your rock sliders are about $1000 less expensive than the ones offered by Weistec/DCE. As far as you can tell, is there a material/substantial difference between your product and theirs that would explain that $1000 difference?
We can't speak for their pricing strategy, it is unrelated to how we priced our product. Based on their photos and what we saw at SEMA, our designs are totally different. Their product looks nice too, it's okay to have options.

Our slider bolts to the Rivian frame and functions as you'd expect for a rock slider. Our product is made in the USA with properly spec'd materials. We priced it how we thought would be fair for the market and out costs.

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
@EV Sportline

First, thank you for engineering this and thank you for more reasonable pricing.

You say the Running Boards are rated for 500lbs. Is that solid? Or will they flex at 400-500lbs?

Would the Rock Sliders increase that or make that any better? (Top side weight capability.)

Thanks again.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

@EV Sportline

First, thank you for engineering this and thank you for more reasonable pricing.

You say the Running Boards are rated for 500lbs. Is that solid? Or will they flex at 400-500lbs?

Would the Rock Sliders increase that or make that any better? (Top side weight capability.)

Thanks again.
The running boards are plenty solid.

The Rock Slider version load rating will be through the roof, yes much higher (it has 5 more mounting points plus the structure and plating.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Can you all share ANY photos of the product, even if they aren't in a final production state? I would be great to see the progression, as well as the raw product before it receives it's final coating. We're not here to knock anything, we just want to see photos other than renders and photoshops :)

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
I understand the running boards cannot handle the weight of the truck. When you get the running board/rock slider option does the strength of the slider portion increase the strength of the running board portion? It looks like it might in the comparison drawing you shared. My concern is when wheeling, the outer running board portion will need to be able to carry considerable weight so it doesn't fold up upon impact and damage the truck or make the doors unusable.

jbowen52

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Durango and Porsche Panamera
Occupation
Aerospace Support Engineer
Will you be able to post the installation video online so we can determine what it takes to install the running boards? Thanks

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

So if the glossy is supposed to answer all questions, then the answer to “are the sliders available stand-alone?” is no.

zpowell

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Pilot
Order the running boards or don’t. Most of you in this thread whine way too much. Relax. Have a snickers. These guys are likely the first to have running boards to market for our Rivian’s and for that I’m thankful. If you don’t like them, return them. I’m just glad that someone is putting together a clean looking running board, especially for 800 bucks. Maybe I’ll get mine before Christmas!!?
Sponsored